AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got my RD-XS34 and everything seems to work OK except I can't seem to change the input. I have a S-Video input into Line 1 from the cable box and an RF input into the Antenna. The manual say that the Input Select button will allow selection of the input but this button does not seem to do anything except send spurious codes via the IR Blaster to the cable box.

What am I missing here? Does this recorder intelligently search for signals and only allow input selection if it has been detected? Does the Antenna share input with Line 1?

I'm at a bit of a loss so thanks for any advice. It would be nice to use the on-board tuner seeing as I've paid for it.

Also the unit seems to get very (and I mean very) hot during operation - is this normal?

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
159 Posts
Andy, did you tell the TV Guide that you have an antenna. Unfortunately I can't speak about the other services since I only use the antenna and Line1 for copying from standard VHS.

The first thing I did was set up the TV Guide feature. It loaded overnight through the antenna. If I touch input select (under the remote control door) I get Line1, Line2, Line3, LineU, and channel 4 in that order. In the top right corner of the remote I can up or down channels. On the key pad I can select any of my local TV channels. I've been able to select channels even before the TV Guide feature downloaded it's listings the first time. The tuner works fine on my XS34.

It is absolutely abnormal for it to get "very hot" during operation. Is your fan running? It should run 24/7. During operation mine gets a little warm in the middle of the case top. I would consider this to be very normal. You very well may have a faulty unit. If so, then this is the first XS34 that I've heard of being faulty.

Ken

·
Registered
74 Posts
I to am having problems with this. Mine is not switching between the different inputs. I am only getting input one. Anyone have any info? I also have mine kooked up via S-video from my Comcast cable box. I have unplugged it and tried it with the red white and yellow wires but still the same. Help please

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.