AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be adding the RDC-7 to my rig this weekend and have a set-up question. I will be running my FL+FR as large (ML Ascent) and the remaining speakers as small. My question is around the various stereo modes on the RDC-7.

In the ideal world, I would be able to take advantage of the digital upsampling, run my Ascents down to about 40hz, and cross to my sub below that. Given that I want the upsampling, I know I need to use the normal stereo mode and not the direct mode. Once in stereo mode, if I choose subwoofer 'on', it will send a full range signal to the sub and count on the subs cross-over, right?

If I am correct, or even if it crosses at 80hz, I have a problem because setting the subs crossover for stereo music (40hz) would be the wrong setting for multi-channel (80hz). Since I don't want to adjust the crossover on the sub every time I change from movies to music, is my best bet to set the RDC-7 stereo mode to subwoofer 'off' and simply let the Ascents roll-off the last octave?

I love the features on the RDC-7 and I know I'll love the sound, but I sure do hope they upgrade the bass management to allow for more options.

Also, I lost the link to the RDC-7 chat group that Burke runs. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.