AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just hoping some of you RDC-7 owners can answer a couple of my questions.

a) Are the XLR & RCA 7.1 outputs both active at the same time?

b) Can you superimpose the 2 channel audio from Zone 2, over the audio

from the main zone?.

c) Can you copy both audio & video from the main to Zone 2, realising that

Zone 2 is only 2 channel.

d) Has anyone bought this unit post the Ultra 2 upgrade? The reason I ask

is in relation to the silk screening on the face of the unit. Has this been

updated, or does Integra expect you to make do with an adhesive label.

e) Have there been any inherent problems with the RDC-7?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
707 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, I will check out Club Integra. Funny how Integra consider an

adhesive label to be sufficient for post purchased Ultra 2 units, yet a compant like Sonic Frontiers makes the changes for the AVM-20 V2.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I should add my 2 cents here:

I own a home theater custom installation company. Based on the companies out there, reputation, price, sound quality, and even looks we decided to sell ONLY Integra's RDC-7 as our only pre-amp/processor.

Dollar for dollar you can't beat it. Sure people will wonder why we don't do Lexicon and their MC-12. Quite frankly you could buy 2 excellent pre-amp processors for the price of one.

And who's to say that the technology itself will not change with regards to upgraded DACS, Firewire, DVI, etc.

Even when it comes to receivers we only do Integra. We feel we should only work with the best. Integra in my opinion is a company who is truly a leader when it comes to being an innovator with receivers (ie-their new receivers have Ethernet capability!)

Likewise we have taken the same approach to speakers also and now we only sell Snell Acoustics. The combination of a RDC-7 and Snell XA1900THX Ultra 2 system is AWESOME!

We don't want to be a dealer like many retailers where products will come and go. We examine the companies we deal with like a good blue chip stock and intend to stick with them over the long run. Why sell flowers only to end up watering weeds?

Anthony

·
Registered
235 Posts
Andrew,

I can answer your first question. Yes, the RDC-7 runs both XLR and RCA at the same time. I am running my five main channels via XLR and the subs and rears off the RCAs.

I agree the decal situation with the unit is disappointing but try to put it in a good light...Integra Research spent all the money on the inside. :)

Anthony,

I am happy with your accessment of the RDC-7. I've had mine for over a year and still feel it is the best bang for the buck in it's price range.

Frank

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Frank & Anthony for your response.

Anthony, when you mention you are doing installs with the RDC-7 & Snell

Speaker System, are you using the RDA-7? I am assuming the Snells are passive speakers as I know nothing about them.

I really have my heart set on M&K 150P's up front and the SS-150s for the rears/sides. I was thinking of using Rotels or Parasound amps for the SS-150's.

Have you had any experience with the RDC-7 & RDA-7 driving M&K's? We only have one Integra dealer in Melbourne and they demoed them with PSB's.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew J.Giusti
Thanks Frank & Anthony for your response.

Anthony, when you mention you are doing installs with the RDC-7 & Snell

Speaker System, are you using the RDA-7? I am assuming the Snells are passive speakers as I know nothing about them.

I really have my heart set on M&K 150P's up front and the SS-150s for the rears/sides. I was thinking of using Rotels or Parasound amps for the SS-150's.

Have you had any experience with the RDC-7 & RDA-7 driving M&K's? We only have one Integra dealer in Melbourne and they demoed them with PSB's.

Thanks in advance.
We are also a M&K dealer. The S150 system is an incredible system. But after taking a look at our sales we noticed the only M&K system we were selling were S150 systems. We felt that in other price ranges the Snells did as good if not better job than the M&Ks. Plus there was more selection to choose from when it came to Snell with regards to Tower speakers and higher price points.

Nonetheless our S150 sales were done with RDC-7, and RDA-7 and they sounded superb. I highly recommend that combo. To be honest with you we've never done a S150P system. They're very expensive.

I commend you for doing your homework. I wish more people did that! You should do some homework on room treatment. Putting some in will do absolute wonders for your room.

Anthony

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank F
Andrew,

I can answer your first question. Yes, the RDC-7 runs both XLR and RCA at the same time. I am running my five main channels via XLR and the subs and rears off the RCAs.

I agree the decal situation with the unit is disappointing but try to put it in a good light...Integra Research spent all the money on the inside. :)

Anthony,

I am happy with your accessment of the RDC-7. I've had mine for over a year and still feel it is the best bang for the buck in it's price range.

Frank
I can tell you as a dealer that Integra has made my life alot easier. We do alot of Crestron and the RS-232 protocols on the Integra work very, very well. Besides it's also reassuring to know that we can honestly say to any of our clients that we carry the best bang for the bang pre-amp/processor out there that is reliable, sounds good, looks great, and has been proven to be upgradeable. Whereas the attitudes many stores take is to carry 5 different brands, tell the client that all of them are the best, and then add and dump lines based on whether the manufacturer has introduced the hottest thing on the planet.

Anthony

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anthony, appreciate your comments. Nice to get some re-assurance from someone who has had experience with both the Integra & M&K's working together.

I do believe that bang for buck, the Integra line has much to offer. We don't get much here in the way of top AV pre-amps, but I can tell you the price of the MC-12B is close to A$20K, while the RDC-7 retails for A$8K.

I just couldn't bring myself to plonk that sort of money down for the Lexicon, regardless of how good it is.

After having demoed the RDC-7 & RDA-7, I can honestly say I have never walked away more impressed.

I'll just have to start saving those bickies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.