AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently watched my Image DVD of Stu Gordon's Re-Animator. I forgot how funny and gory this film is. if you havent seen it--i highly recommend finding the DVD (if you have a very dark sense of humor).

Jeffrey Combs is incredbile as herbert west (he would later pay homage to this character in The Frighteners).

I will say no more other than

"Cat Dead---Details Later."

Comment and tell me if you agree or disagree with me.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I haven't watched my copy since I got it, but it's alway been my favorite gore flick.

Combs is excellent, and some of the ideas are great! (love the "head" scene)

I really don't go for gore movies, but for some reason I've always liked this one...and, it's the only movie of this type I have...I'm not sure what "type" it is, but I call it "past horror", to gross.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Absolutely wonderful!!

Very funny and gory movie, it was one of the first i saw when i was younger (about 10 years ago, or maybe more!!). Too bad the Image version wasn't 16/9 enhanced.

The sequel wasn't so bad either but the original "feeling" was quite lost.

I also had to struggle a lot to get this disc, and finally found it on ebay. Is it defenetely out of print? Are any newer and more feature packed version coming out next months??

Bye!!, Marco.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, who'd believe a severed head...get a job in a sideshow

One of my favorite lines of all time!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found my copy of the disc at DVDplanet.com a few months ago.

but the disc is definitely out of print

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Williams
Another film in this genre of sick and gory, but hilarious, films is Peter Jackson's "Dead Alive" (original title "Braindead") .

Paquita Maria Sanchez: Your mother ate my dog!

Lionel Cosgrove: Not all of it.

Ass-kicking priests, zombie babies, lawnmower-fu...it's got it all. Sick, twisted fun.
I agree!!! With Peter Jackson big news directing Lord of the Rings it should be re-released in Anamorphic Widescreen!!! (Need an anamorphic version of Re-animator too!!!)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dead Alive has always been an extremely funny film- so over the top- its hilarious.

Best Line:

"I kick ass for the Lord!"

I still like Re-Animator better (i know in this genre story takes a backseat to killer visuals-but re-animator's humor is much more natural- where Dead Alive depends solely on seeing how far they could take it)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by brunsiv
Comment and tell me if you agree or disagree with me.
I'll weigh in here with a big thumbs up!! A hilarious movie. I have the LaserDisc version which I haven't watched in a while. This thread may have me firing up the ole 704 later tonight!!

Kent

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Jeffrey made my day when I rented this Vhs at a rental store that is no longer in existence. That rental store went out of busiess or movied to mars. The long gone store had all the classic horror movies that I enjoy immensely. I can remember for Re-Animator they had this movie poster as you came in the door, then a list to sign up to see it yikes what a long list!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.