AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Quote:
Director Commentary, Actor/Producer Commentary, Re-Animator: Resurrectus, Interviews, Deleted and Extended Scenes, Stills and Art Galleries, Stuart Gordon Bio

September 4th.

Image had better not mess this up!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Second Sight is doing the trilogy in the UK at sometime in the near future.

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz  /t/1420658/re-animator#post_22227407

Second Sight is doing the trilogy in the UK at sometime in the near future.

Great intel, not a fan off the sequels but for completions sake

·
Banned
1,805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007  /t/1420658/re-animator#post_22227109

Quote:
Director Commentary, Actor/Producer Commentary, Re-Animator: Resurrectus, Interviews, Deleted and Extended Scenes, Stills and Art Galleries, Stuart Gordon Bio
September 4th.

Image had better not mess this up!

Sounds like the same extras from the laserdisc 10th Anniversary edition that Elite put together

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
This is shaping up to be an epic 4th quarter for Blu-ray releases. Hopefully, Image goes with a new, slightly brighter transfer than the one used on the 2 dvd DTS release which was too dark that was supposedly done for eventual HD release as well.

And Image *really* need to get out the restored, uncut "From Beyond" Blu-ray. The DVD release was mind-blowing.

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UK details
Quote:
We've started work on the Stuart Gordon / Brian Yuzna classics: RE-ANIMATOR, BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR, FROM BEYOND and SOCIETY. All will be released in the UK on Blu-ray and DVD (date TBC) and we're excited to once again be bringing in the talents of legendary artist Graham Humphreys, creator of numerous iconic posters of the 80's (The Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, Nightmare on Elm St, Basket Case) to create brand new artwork for the releases in his own inimitable style. Here's Graham in his studio when recently filmed for an interview to appear on the Basket Case trilogy release.

I am so happy they are doing Society also!!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Cult film is a term used too often lately, but this is one of real cult classics:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Re-Animator-Blu-ray/50637/#Review

The caps look unflattering, detail is quite weak like it's from an ancient scan. I imagine there will be those that will blame the film budget, ignoring of course the quite a few ultra low budget films that have very good pq like Evil Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Repulsion, Mad Max, Sling Blade, etc. More like no new scan budget.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Really looks about the same quality of Return of the Living Dead.

·
Registered
581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz  /t/1420658/re-animator#post_22363034

Really looks about the same quality of Return of the Living Dead.
I watched my copy tonight and I think Return of the Living Dead may look better than this. I have not watched Return of the Living Dead on my 119" screen yet so it's hard for me to really compare the two.

·
Registered
518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveser  /t/1420658/re-animator#post_22376013

I watched my copy tonight and I think Return of the Living Dead may look better than this. I have not watched Return of the Living Dead on my 119" screen yet so it's hard for me to really compare the two.

I agree that RotLD looks better than this... and that breaks my heart.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveser  /t/1420658/re-animator#post_22403443

High-Def Digest posted their review.

I pretty much agree with that review. It's an upgrade from the previous releases as far as a/v quality but not by much. It's certainly not an "Evil Dead" style gigantic upgrade but it's also not a disappointing cheapo port of an old transfer like say, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 also released recently is. I'm happy there's not any noticeable revisionist tinkering with the contrast or color and it's not quite as dark and murky as the last dvd release was.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Those caps aren't from any of the good looking scenes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts