AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am having a problem that I have not seen anyone mention yet. I have a 5040 upgraded with a Maxtor 120GB 2MB drive. Tonight I was watching a recorded Simpsons (while the box was recording something else, both on High). About 3/4 of the way through The Simpsons the audio and video started looping, or really almost looping. It would advance by a fraction of a second and the repeat about a second and a half over and over. I lost control with the remote. I did a soft reset. That resulted in several cycles of the rebooting to the splash screen. I then did a hard reboot and the box slowly started back up, but when It finally go to where it was showing live TV it started looping again then went black. I'm about to do another hard reboot then I will probably take it apart and put it in my computer to reimage. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I reimaged the hard drive... still same problem.

I restet factory defaults... still same problem.

Next thing I will try is putting the origional hard drive back in the unit.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Certainly sounds like a hardware level failure. Maybe a clock failure in mpg encoding or decoding. Over my head. If it still does this with the original drive (I think it will) it's a replay level repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.