AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw on ebay today that Dakmart is offering 3 Denon 5805 Refurbs with 1yr warranty for $2500 BIN...

Details ain't specific whether it's original, Mk2 or Ci.. sounds like an original though..

Does anybody have experience dealing with Dakmart?? I can see that they are authorized dealer for Denons..Have anyone got issues with Denon Re-Furbs in the past??

More importantly, does any Denon 5805 owners needed to have their units serviced (of course not including the factory upgrade to Mk2)

I am looking for Denon 5805 and would appreciate if someone can comment. I prefer new in box but I haven't been able to locate one..

I am set on using the 5.1 inputs for blu-ray and I prefer to save the cash over a brand new Denon 5308..

Many many thankx in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Dakmart is a toss-up. Some people love them, but some people hate them. Most of the problems stem from cosmetic blemishes or warranty service. Darkmart will leave you hanging on the latter. I'd say if you can afford to shop elsewhere, you really should.

·
Registered
597 Posts
So why would Denon designate them as authorized? I almost used their services but went with Onkyo instead.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't know much but I'm sure DENON needs to get rid of it's B-Stock somehow. Years ago I bought an AVR-5600 B-Stock, the third optical input doesn't work. In reality I haven't truly needed that 3rd input (until now) so it hasn't affected me other than the fact that I paid a lot of money for something that doesn't work as it's suppose to. I don't know if I would buy B-stock again. I think it's akin to rolling dice.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
They move a great deal of Denon merchandise, but I would purchase from eCost or Second Act before Dakmart any day. Like someone else said, Denon has to get rid of their b-stock somehow, but I honestly don't think they pay much attention to the dubious policies and tactics of those resellers before giving them the contracts or whatever.

I purchased a receiver from Dakmart a few years ago, and while I had no problems with the unit itself, I'd never purchase from them again. They just go out of their way to wash their hands clean of you as soon as you pay them.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVi /forum/post/12960369

So why would Denon designate them as authorized? I almost used their services but went with Onkyo instead.

Denon has to unload the crap through someone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts