AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all, I posted these questions with Immersive but haven't gotten an answer: What can I do if I get my RP56 modded to SDI output and the RP56 conks out on me, maybe needing more $$ repairs than is justified. Can the Mod be moved to another player and if so how expensive would that be? Would I have to pay for another complete mod or just a partial and if I were computer literate could I do it myself? I assume the mod is propiatary. Please help me here. Thanks

Lindafern

·
Registered
842 Posts
I looked in our forum and cannot find your post. Did you email me? When?

In any event, the mods are not plug and play so if your player failed you'd need to have it repaired. If you've done SMD type soldering before you should be able to remove the mod and stick it in a new RP56. But having computer experience really has nothing to do with this - the mod is more of a soldering skill thing than software programming.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tom,

I sent Immersive email rather than go through the forum. No way was I being critical of Immersive but was anxious to know what to do. Could I transfer the mod to a different player or am I stuck with the RP56? From what you day, then, repair of the RP56 would not be impossible with the mod attached, correct?? Please excuse the rambling. I am retired and have to make sure I know what I'm doing so I do it right the first time.

Lindafern:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.