Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I have a Sony HS10 and 100" diagonal screen. My venetian blinds do not allow me to block out as much light as I had hoped in the daytime. Does anyone have any suggestions to get better performance in daylight? It is watchable but simply not as bright as I would like it, another 10% or so brightness would be fantastic somehow.

For the people using the CC40R filter...do your projector seem better in daylight conditions or not as good in daylight conditions? I am only using the Sony supplied filter.

regards,

Richard

CLUBVX

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi !

I invested i IKEAs "tupplur" for all windows, white (also black, grey ...) curtin that blocks 101% of sunlight and can be cut i any width and is delivered 2meters long and cheap.

I cant find my way to the toilet if i shut the projector down before switching on the lights, much better than improving my HS10 with filters and tweaking myself to death :)

Regards !

//John

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
One other thing you can do is apply Dave Boswell's RGB values for no-filter (which allows you to crank brightness higher without washout), take the filter off and use your high beams. This would net you much more brightness, but still not the picture you're used to at night.

Blacking out the room is still the way to go ala John's suggestion.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by clubvx
....who is Dave Boswell? ...
Dave has contributed a significant resource of tweaking info. Do a search on "DaveBoswell". This should reveal a stack of interesting reading.
Quote:
... anyone have any suggestions to get better performance in daylight? ...
Go down to Spotlight or equivalent and buy some curtain blackout material. This stuff blocks out 100% of the light from a window. Works well for me.

·
Registered
857 Posts
this is my setup.

White Blinds ( not much light reduction )

Black paper Shade cut to window size ( SUPER light reduction )

Regular (on a roll) Heavy Duty Shade ( Super light reduction )

All of them are installed at the same time in my widnows, so when I set them all up I get TOTAL DARKNESS during the day light with sun out ... I use my blinds all the time, but shades only when I watch movies.

Blinds ($9 / each )

Paper Shade ( $5 / each )

Heavy Duty Shade ($15 / each )

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Its black-out curtain material from Spotlight for me too; I actualy stuck it over the window frames with masking tape, with curtains over the top. Not pretty but absolute blackness even in broad daylight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.