AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming one would buy a Sony G70 with "slight burn on the green tube" and decide later on that the slight burn was too much burn to live with and want to re-tube the machine... just what level of difficulty are we talking about when it comes to the actual work of replacing the tubes?

Shipping the projector to the states from my neck of the woods would be prohibitively expensive but presumably it would not be so bad to ship the tubes themselves one way from the US.

Could, say, someone who has been repairing TV's for a living for many years do it with ease, even though he had no actual CRT projector experience? I have a friend who fits that description, you see.

Another question... just how much should one be concerned about usage hours for the rest of the projector? I know that people throw around figures like 10000 hours lifetime or 12000... but how much of that is tubes and how much is the rest of the machine? At what point should you begin to get concerned about the age of the rest of the projector, is what I'm wondering.... 2000 hours? 4000? 6000?

·
Registered
859 Posts
I wouldn't thin it would be that difficult at all for someone who has worked on tv's. Same basic components, just different sizes and positions. I have no experience repairing tv's and I was able to retube my 1271 without trouble.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.