AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The circular in today's BB has a wireless guitar by React for the PS3. I heard about the cross compatible Nyko model coming out next month but not one by React.

Is this a typo or is it good for GHIII or RB exclusively?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just saw this as well and it's likely that it IS for the PS3, the question is whether it's compatible with both GH3 and Rock Band. As far as I know only the Nyko brand guitar will be but who knows, still it's a very poor substitute to either official controller for the price.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I checked this REACT guitar and its only for GH3 but yes it is for PS3. Because of the current lovefest between Activision and Harmonix, it still doesnt work in RB.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1194054059054

It looks so short..like an eucalali on steroids.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I still don't understand why the guitars can't work on both games? I really like the Les Paul for GH3 but dislike the Strat for RB.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Not sure, making it compatible can only sell more GH3's for those who like the Les Paul.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I came to this forum looking for a thread about this exact topic.

I'm extremely disappointed to see this guitar only works with GH3. If it had worked with Rock Band I'd be buying it immediately. Now I have no interest at all.

·
Banned
2,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSWii60 /forum/post/13016749

I still don't understand why the guitars can't work on both games? I really like the Les Paul for GH3 but dislike the Strat for RB.

Because Activision refuses to patch GHIII to allow the RB Stratocaster to work with GHIII and at the same time Activision is also refusing to allow Harmonix to implement a patch in RB that would allow use of the GHIII Les Paul controller.

In other words Activsion sucks. Because of their actions many people aren't going to invest in GHIII whereas previously they would have happily purchased it just to get a second guitar. It's a losing situation for everyone really, RB and GH owners can't use the same controllers, Activision is going to lose sales on GHIII from the people who wanted to buy it just to get another controller, and Harmonix has a bunch of non-bundle copies of Rock Band on the shelf that are worthless since the Strats and drums aren't on the market yet and people who bought it can't use their GHIII controllers.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyHTPC /forum/post/13016538

I checked this REACT guitar and its only for GH3 but yes it is for PS3. Because of the current lovefest between Activision and Harmonix, it still doesnt work in RB.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1194054059054

It looks so short..like an eucalali on steroids.

This is disappointing. Then again, from the reviews, (9 at present time) it looks like the star power is very hard to trigger and they're not happy with it at all.

I'll wait for the Nyko.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts