AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I had a few requests to post a report on these subwoofers.  You can't imagine how pleased I was to find and read about these subwoofers here on AVS.  I found a link to their webpage and talked to Jeremy there initially and probably 15 times since then.  He is very helpful. I keep asking questions here on AVS and there at Reaction Audio to tweak and make sure I am getting optimal sound. The customer service and corresponding emails were delightful and will help me become a better audiophile.  Now onto what I think. I am amazed at the opulence of sound from these subwoofers for the price.  They are worth much more!  The bass is exquisite in the surroundings of my listening room. The lows are huge and magnificently appointed especially now that everything is set appropriately.  The sound is most luxurious well beyond their price as I have said. If you are reading this then please do not overspend on internet direct comparable subwoofers. I left behind the memories of expensive subwoofers.  I will use the extra money to get a better receiver.  I am still in the trial audition listening period.  I do not think I will send them back. My overall sound is more enhanced, powerful, crisp and detailed.  These subs are worth a listen.  They really are.  These babies show sweet bass attention without overwhelming my windows, my walls, my house, my wife and my neighbors.  But they could if I want them to and the bass remains clean without distortion.  These are the gentlemen of subwoofers!

·
Registered
14,318 Posts
Glad you are liking them...

Just curious, have you owned any other ID subwoofers in the past? I just have to ask in regards to your "please do not overspend on comparable Internet Direct subwoofers" remark. That is a pretty bold statement to make without having any conclusive data or experience with other subwoofers.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Yeah I have the same questions. And also Reaction Audio is an ID sub company..... Not that I don't trust your opinion dt but, if the best sub you ever heard before was a Polk, Sony, Onkyo or such then you will have a different definition of good than some of us. Like me for instance I have 2 Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus subs, to me they are amazingly awesome. But to someone else who has or has heard a Rythmik FV15HP might think my subs suck. So again sound quality is objective, but I want to continue to learn more about Reaction Audio subs, cuz they do appear to be a great bang for your buck on the cheaper side ID sub.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry if I offended anyone here and it is my newbie mistake. The statement should have said I didn't overspend so I can get a better receiver. This was IMO. My ears are simple and I am not a sound engineer. I do read read read AVS, Audioholics and home theatre shack. My reference is the Rythmic LV12R. I love it. It is entry level but a ported sub so I can't compare. And I'm on a budget and can't afford 2. I've heard the SVS SB 1000 from a friend. It is an AWSOME sub. We are poor and I know there are better subs out there. Again my ears are simple. I never heard the Aperion Bravus II 10D. That's the one I wanted, well 2 if I could afford it. These are all the ones I considered. I've heard the Polk and Klipsh and wanted better. I'm sorry everyone. I was talking only about the entry level subs I've tried. And there are no expert reviews on reaction subs. I'm still waiting to hear.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
No appologies needed, all we wanted was to know what you are coming from sub wise... So yes your not an expert but if your coming from a Rythmik LV12R that will make your review have a lot more validity to it because you have heard subs on the lower end of good ID subs. I know as you said it might not be fair to compair to the LV12R, BUT how is the BPS 212 Turbo in comparison to the LV12R???

Reactions: oneeyeblind

·
Registered
165 Posts
I took the plunge and ordered a pair of dual Turbos yesterday. I thought in terms of value and form factor that they'd be a great fit for my small HT room upstairs. Plus I figured it was nice to support the new up and comer and also act as a guinea pig for others.

Dtmillerjr, when did you get your dual Turbos? I'm just curious because I thought Jeremy said the Turbos weren't shipping until the 1st week of March.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not a salesman and I asked Jeremy at Reaction audio why should I buy a sub from them instead of Rythmik or SVS. He told me those companies were great and gave me good recommendations. I can get 2 of their subs for about the price of one. Official reviews are pending. Again my ears are simple and others know more than I do. The Rythmik was obtained used second hand but I'm still in love with the sound. My audiophile affection came from that subwoofer. Jeremy at Reaction audio did say they are coming out with a ported sub this summer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
We appreciate your enthusiasm and I agree Jeremy is a great guy and very helpful. I was just curious as to when you received your dual Turbos because according to Jeremy, they don't ship until 1st week of March.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeremy told me shipping had been delayed but he was putting the turbo in it first. Ok here is question, how will I know if the turbo is in it? Should it say or I call Jeremy. I'm certainly not opening it up to look.

·
Registered
165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmillerjr  /t/1519727/reaction-audio-dual12-inch-turbo-subwoofers#post_24406831

Jeremy told me shipping had been delayed but he was putting the turbo in it first. Ok here is question, how will I know if the turbo is in it? Should it say or I call Jeremy. I'm certainly not opening it up to look.

The Turbo uses a different amp (too lazy to look up the part numbers right now) and has the drivers that have a one piece cone. The non-Turbo has the drivers that have the dust cap protruding from the rest of the cone.

I'm asking again, when did you receive your subwoofers?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmillerjr  /t/1519727/reaction-audio-dual12-inch-turbo-subwoofers#post_24406831

This is probably my fault for using the word "Turbo" to describe a subwoofer? lol

When he ordered his pair of subs, we had just gotten a shipment of drivers for the 300w models.

The new drivers actually perform even a pinch better with the 200w amp over the old drivers. I still recommend the bigger amp but they also sound great with the 200.

So I asked David if he would like to try out the new drivers in his standard 200w models? I offered him basically a free upgrade and I have extended this offer to every customer since.

I think the word "Turbo" may have confused him.

I think he is excited about the results, and no it does not sound like he has tons of experience with other ID subs. Nonetheless we are glad he is happy with his new subs.

The models with the magnetic grills and 300w amp are slated to ship in about a week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How would two of the 212 compare to two SVS SB2000? I have the SB2000 - very articulate and a joy to listen on music. Movies are also very good but I would have like some more output and a bit more grunt in the lowest end.

·
Registered
14,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriskk  /t/1519727/reaction-audio-dual12-inch-subwoofers#post_24407431

How would two of the 212 compare to two SVS SB2000? I have the SB2000 - very articulate and a joy to listen on music. Movies are also very good but I would have like some more output and a bit more grunt in the lowest end.

I am betting the BPS 12 turbo Will have more output above 40hz. Below i am guessing they will be close. If you want more low end then the pb2000 is what you need to look into.

·
Registered
437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmillerjr  /t/1519727/reaction-audio-dual12-inch-subwoofers#post_24405892

I had a few requests to post a report on these subwoofers.  You can't imagine how pleased I was to find and read about these subwoofers here on AVS.  I found a link to their webpage and talked to Jeremy there initially and probably 15 times since then.  He is very helpful. I keep asking questions here on AVS and there at Reaction Audio to tweak and make sure I am getting optimal sound. The customer service and corresponding emails were delightful and will help me become a better audiophile.  Now onto what I think. I am amazed at the opulence of sound from these subwoofers for the price.  They are worth much more!  The bass is exquisite in the surroundings of my listening room. The lows are huge and magnificently appointed especially now that everything is set appropriately.  The sound is most luxurious well beyond their price as I have said. If you are reading this then please do not overspend on internet direct comparable subwoofers. I left behind the memories of expensive subwoofers.  I will use the extra money to get a better receiver.  I am still in the trial audition listening period.  I do not think I will send them back. My overall sound is more enhanced, powerful, crisp and detailed.  These subs are worth a listen.  They really are.  These babies show sweet bass attention without overwhelming my windows, my walls, my house, my wife and my neighbors.  But they could if I want them to and the bass remains clean without distortion.  These are the gentlemen of subwoofers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmillerjr  /t/1519727/reaction-audio-dual12-inch-subwoofers#post_24406586

I'm sorry if I offended anyone here and it is my newbie mistake. The statement should have said I didn't overspend so I can get a better receiver. This was IMO. My ears are simple and I am not a sound engineer. I do read read read AVS, Audioholics and home theatre shack. My reference is the Rythmic LV12R. I love it. It is entry level but a ported sub so I can't compare. And I'm on a budget and can't afford 2. I've heard the SVS SB 1000 from a friend. It is an AWSOME sub. We are poor and I know there are better subs out there. Again my ears are simple. I never heard the Aperion Bravus II 10D. That's the one I wanted, well 2 if I could afford it. These are all the ones I considered. I've heard the Polk and Klipsh and wanted better. I'm sorry everyone. I was talking only about the entry level subs I've tried. And there are no expert reviews on reaction subs. I'm still waiting to hear.

Welcome to AVS dtmillerjr, question for you...

Your reference is a LV12R and your friends SB1000. So moving to a Reaction Audio subwoofer your experiencing a more powerful, enhanced, crisp and detailed sound? You mentioned your budget restricts dual LV12R's, are you now running the Reaction Audio along side the LV12R? Or did the Reaction Audio replace the LV12R?

In the $600 range the LV12R is a very highly regarded subwoofer, moving from that to an Aperion Bravus 10D would not be an upgrade.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Rythmik is the only sub in the large living room with cathedral ceilings and hard to beat. That is the one I love. The reaction audio dual subs are in a 4th bedroom 12x11 upstairs. It's a small small listening room for music and movies like a man cave to turn the music up loud. I just wanted to try dual subs and get away to listen by myself. Again this is just IMO and you can't compare those two sounds and I've already said which one I like best. My budget was limited. I wanted to try duals. And the sound is good enough for me. I've established I'm no expert. I learn from all of you and the friends who know more than me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe my initial post and enthusiasm for the subs was from me actually being able to close the door of the room the reaction audio subwoofers were in, shut off the lights, and listen to good music and watch Top Gun in blue ray away from wife and 4 kids. Even when I was connecting the surround sound my 5 yr old kept coming in. It took a few days to listen with anticipation building.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
DT if you are up for it, it would be cool if sometime when your wife and kids are gone, to switch the subs. Put the LV12R in the 4th bedroom and put the Dual Reaction Audio Subs in the Large Living Room and see how the sounds compare. See if the Rythmik fills the small room better than the duals and to see if the duals fill the large room better than the Rythmik. I just think that would be a neat experiment for you to try and report back, also doing stuff like that will help you learn a lot about how different subs do in different rooms. It will also help you learn how to correctly position dual subs.

Reactions: zencarver
1 - 20 of 32 Posts