AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Can't wait for one of these. Paired with a GPU like the new ATI HD cards and a Core 2 Duo it would make a very nice and reasonable priced DF player. I'm not interested in writing until blanks read DVD DL prices or lower.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, I'm also looking for a dual format player for a PC so I can build up a HTPC system. Don't care about writing at all (if i was going to do that I'd write to my media share not to a small disc). Anyone actually spot one (model #) on the market yet?

·
Registered
117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0ssar1an /forum/post/0

Hi,

All the PC combo drives I've seen announced are also BR writers. Has anyone heard of any read-only combo drives, which will presumably reach sane retail prices in less time?

No BD/HD DVD combo ROM drives as of yet.

·
Registered
162 Posts
^^ any news on this topic yet? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Supposedly the LG GGC-H20N and GGC-H20LI have been released, but they still aren't available anywhere. Anybody know anything about what's going on with these?

I suspect PC manufacturers and makers of external peripherals are sucking up all the supply. Anybody?

·
Registered
162 Posts
thanks for the part # found this

Hopefully we'll see them on the market soon!

·
Registered
247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare's User Name /forum/post/11531045

Supposedly the LG GGC-H20N and GGC-H20LI have been released, but they still aren't available anywhere. Anybody know anything about what's going on with these?

I suspect PC manufacturers and makers of external peripherals are sucking up all the supply. Anybody?

They are out in Japan.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=906388

·
Registered
174 Posts
Here is an article when the drives were first announced.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/07/19...id-drives-and/

The dual format reader is supposed to be $400 and the one that writes BDs costs $500.

These drives will pave the way for more combo-PC drives from other companies and help push the cost down for standalone players.

That is why I tell everyone no matter what side they are on, to feel confident with their disc purchases because a year or 2 from now, almost all hardware will read both formats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.