AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about taking the plunge and building my own subwoofer. I've done a tremendous amount of research thus far, so I have a reasonably good understanding of what I need to do and how best to go about it. One area I'm not terribly comfortable with though is deciphering all the information contained within the TS parameters.

My intention is to create a ported sub approximately 14-15" in each dimension (H, W, D), using a 10" driver and a 200 watt amp. I know how to interpret a few of the TS parameters -- like Fs -- so I understand some of the specifications, but several of the ones related to appropriate cabinet size and type (bass reflex vs acoustic suspension) I'm not entirely certain of.

Can someone tell me which of the TS parameters I should concentrate on to build a ported sub about the size I need? Also, what ranges or tolerances (plus and minus, in other words) those parameters should be within in order to be considered good for my application? Just some general guidelines is all I really need. Once I have a direction I'll take it from there.

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to make a visit to this site:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...al-discussion/

Seems to be quite a bit their. Thanks for the link.

WinISD is your friend.

I had already downloaded and installed that, but frankly it seemed a bit antiquated (which makes sense, being that it hasn't been updated in a decade or so). But I'll play around with it some and see if I can get anything from it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts