AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit- Sorry, my title started "Read to buy.." was a typo.

/edit off

I plan to use a 22" mostly for (regular) cable broadcasts and DVD watching, so the older model, which has recieved glowing reviews, would be suited for me. Won't be concerned about HD prgramming until it's more widespread. But on the net the lowest prices on the the older ED model (TC-22LT1) is $1,450, and the new HDTV model (TC-22LH1) is $1,520. So only $80 difference between the two, although the new model's technology is 2 years ahead of the old.

In theory it's possible that the new HDTV model looks better than the old ED model even in DVD and cable TV viewing, but I've seen no reviews on the 2 new Panasonic LCDs aside from one forum member who said the 32" looked great but didn't mention what source was feeding it. The new LCDs are listed on many online stores but not on Panasonic's site yet.

I'd like to find out how the new model compares to the old, if possibe. Or how it compares to Mitsubishi's LCDs. Or just it's PQ with DVDs. =) Haven't seen any in stores in my area. Anyone have any info or suggestions? I just want to make sure I don't find out model A is much better than model B a month after I buy.

Oh and on the Cedia announcement it said “The TC-22LH1 is 15.2 inches high, 15.2 inches wide, and 3.6 inches deepâ€. I'm guessing the person who wrote that up made an error, because the previous 22" widescreen model is 23.1" wide, 16.7" high.

Sean

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
For $80, your mind is made up, it seems to me.

New.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.