AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was looking through the latest issue of HomeTheater magazine today I saw a full page ad for the LS110 clone from Boxlight/Studio Experience.

The projector itself looks nice, it's all white as opposed to the metallic silver of the Infocus.

The thing that caught my eye was Studio Experience quote of a 400:1 contrast ratio. As opposed to 600:1 according to Infocus.

Did anybody else catch this? I know most manufacturers inflate their numbers. But 400:1 seems a little low by todays standards.

So I hope that number is a typo.

Edit: I checked out Studio Experience's homepage and realized they have specs for the 12SF up there too.

The contrast is back to 600:1 - so I guess it was indeed a typo.

You can find the spec sheet for the 12SF here:

http://www.studioexperience.com/PDF/SE12SF-000.pdf

Matt

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hooray for for the free market society!! Is there a suggested list for this yet? Boxlight would tend to be priced lower than the Toshiba clone, would it not?

edit: Just saw it $4999, (rolling the dice for Toshiba and discounts!)

·
Registered
456 Posts
The email quote on that model came back as $4799. They're joking right?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi,

Infocus quotes at its hp a contrast ratio of 600:1 - using a 220W lamp - and the German Toshiba hp says for its MT-5 only 400:1 and using a 270W lamp.

Walter

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Walter --

Could that 400:1 spec for the Toshiba have been a preliminary number?

I assume this is the German homepage for the Toshiba you were refering to, and I'm happy to say that the number is 600:1.

http://www.toshiba.de/projektoren/mt5home_tech.htm

I have to say -- Toshiba Germany's site is so much more informative and up-to-date compared to the US one.

Matt

·
Registered
349 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.