AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a plug in that will compress audio in real time on my movies & tv shows? I live in an apartment and am constanly changing volumes when watching movies because the spoken word will be very low and then action scenes way to loud.

Is there a plug in that will keep the levels somewhat consistent between dialogue & action scenes?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Have you tried ffdshow? ffdshow audio has a lot of options for realtime sound processing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That seems awesome - thanks so much. After reading the page, it looks like I can use AC3 filter for all my audio so I can therefore compress everything.

To answer some other question; I'm using only 2.1 analog audio. The ex inherited the 5.1 system and I really don't miss it - quite happy with a 2.1 system. They are only PC speakers, but do the job for what I need/want.

·
Registered
470 Posts
AC3Filter is odd! Don't waste your time on it. To handle 5.1 sound on 2.1 system you need to downmix 5.1 > 2.1 and now it seems like you output center channel (a voice) to null.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaq /forum/post/20765881

AC3Filter is odd! Don't waste your time on it. To handle 5.1 sound on 2.1 system you need to downmix 5.1 > 2.1 and now it seems like you output center channel (a voice) to null.

What software can you use to downmix 5.1 to 2.1or better yet , plain old stereo?,

·
Registered
864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaq /forum/post/20765881

stop spreading misinformation, ac3filter down mixes to 2.1 with zero problems.

your reading/comprehending skills are odd

OP,

simply set the output to 2.0 and you should be all set, also you can change the gains from my previous post to increase the voice levels
http://ac3filter.net/files/docs/ac3f...ilter_eng.html

·
Registered
470 Posts
Did I say ac3filter has problems with downmixing? I only said ac3filter has no development for ages. AC3filter's mixing matrix is perfect but AC3Filter itself doesn't support a lot of modern features/sound formats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.