AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if someone could chime in with their experience or knowledge.

Are the horizontal viewing angles the same for this years Panny's and Sammy's?(point at which rear panes' double image is seen)

· Registered
6,741 Posts
I would have to think someone would have to be pretty far off axis to notice it. When I walked in my media room I noticed it on my old Panasonic plasma but only when I walked by it was when I noticed it. My first DLP (Samsung HLN617W) had the double image as well if you walked up close to it.

· Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I remembered my '07 Sammy 5084 having a better horizontal area before the second pane was seen.

This is my first personal panny.

But how would it be possible for Sammy to have a wider viewing area? Same depth from first to second pane, no?

· Registered
3,447 Posts
Eagles, I suspect the viewing angles are the same for both Samsung and Panasonic. For me to see double imaging, I am almost watching the panel from the side, not a typical vieing angle. Even with that said, it's only noticable with certain images.

· Registered
6,741 Posts
Could the thickness of the glass have something to do with it? I still can't imagine the double image being an issue unless you were right up on the TV or very off angle. I was never off angle much on my old Panasonic though so I guess I never really payed any attention. I have several family members with 60Us and one of them has a setup where he's a decent way off to the side and I've sat there an never noticed it either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.