AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually used these glasses? I order some a couple of weeks ago but have heard nothing from the company. I've tried contacting them to get an order update but there's no one there that ever helps me. It's getting real frustrating and was wondering if anyone else has experience with this company or product.

·
Registered
308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor /forum/post/19530496

Has anyone actually used these glasses? I order some a couple of weeks ago but have heard nothing from the company. I've tried contacting them to get an order update but there's no one there that ever helps me. It's getting real frustrating and was wondering if anyone else has experience with this company or product.

I have checked the realD website every several days over the last month and have noticed that the popup message always says on backorder for the next 3 weeks. I also tried to contact their customer service for professional products and got no response. Sketchy.

Would be nice if a trusted retailer would begin carrying these in the immediate future.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor /forum/post/19530496

They do not make LC shutters any more and the product you've bought is 20 years old.

They used to be called Stereosgraphics Inc.

If you want real info, contact Michael Starks at:

http://www.3dmagic.com/personal.html

He is the founder of Stereographics.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icester /forum/post/0

They do not make LC shutters any more and the product you've bought is 20 years old.

They used to be called Stereosgraphics Inc.

If you want real info, contact Michael Starks at:

http://www.3dmagic.com/personal.html

He is the founder of Stereographics.

Mathew Orman

The company may be 20 years old. The CE5 is not what Magic Johnson had on his face.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor /forum/post/19532900

This is the product I bought.
http://www.reald.com/Content/proProd...spx?pageID=128

I'm a little confused here. Looking at the specs these seem to be the best DLP link glasses out there. Did I make a poor choice?

Yes,

some people got those in May 2010.

I hope you can still get yours since RealD is in financial trouble making fake announcements just to keep investors

happy.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh do you mean the glasses or not good or just that I'll probably never get them? Would the Optoma 101 be better glasses for my Mitsubishi 73837? Thank you for the info though, I didn't know RealD was in financial trouble.

·
Registered
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor /forum/post/0

Ahh do you mean the glasses or not good or just that I'll probably never get them? Would the Optoma 101 be better glasses for my Mitsubishi 73837? Thank you for the info though, I didn't know RealD was in financial trouble.

They are just out of stock on the glasses due to demand. RLD is the company's ticker symbol. They have just inked a deal with Vizio to provide the 3D protocol for their new tvs and are the #1 name in 3D theaters. I wouldn't worry, its just a busy season and more people are getting 3d sets.

The other pairs available are not that great and a last resort in my opinion. My folks have 2 pairs of Xpand x102 coming with a 73738 they bought and I plan on selling them to get the CE5 glasses and giving them my Samsungs. I am eager to hear how they perform.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor /forum/post/19535168

The glasses are functional but nothing extraordinary

like they used to have.

Your best bet would be Nvidia's 3D Vision Kit.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor /forum/post/0

My CE5 shipped today also and scheduled for delivery on the 29th. Will let you guys know what I think when I receive them.

Great! Can't wait to hear an opinion. What model tv are they going to be used with? Mine is a Mitsubishi 65736. I'm interested in hearing if it makes the polarization rainbows in the corners and how well it blocks the dlp flash.

·
Registered
308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoodily /forum/post/19541692

Great! Can't wait to hear an opinion. What model tv are they going to be used with? Mine is a Mitsubishi 65736. I'm interested in hearing if it makes the polarization rainbows in the corners and how well it blocks the dlp flash.

+1. Stoked to hear they finally shipped!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoodily /forum/post/19541692

They'll be used with a Mitsubishi 73837. This will be my first foray into 3D so I don't have anything to compare them to, but I will watch for polarization rainbows. I mainly got them for Gran Turismo 5 which I'm playing today and it's amazing. Can't wait to try it in 3D.

Though the website says 3 week backorder, it took 16 days for mine to ship (ordered on the 8th). I don't think they update much.

·
Registered
308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor /forum/post/19542720

They'll be used with a Mitsubishi 73837. This will be my first foray into 3D so I don't have anything to compare them to, but I will watch for polarization rainbows.

Please also let us know whether they sync in the proper way with the TV set to standard or reverse.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I ordered the CE4 to try and use it with the NVIDIA 3D Vision emitter. I read a post from a long time ago saying that the CE3 worked with it so I figured the CE4 should also.

I can go to Best Buy and check if the glasses work with the Samsung, Panasonic, and Sony 3DTVs. If it works with Samsung it will work with Mits emitter.

They won't work with DLP Link and I don't have a DLP setup to test with an emitter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When 3dc-1000 is connected to sony bdp-570 and then plugged into mitsubishi 73638 television i receive an invalid format message and the the tv may display odd, color patterns. Just wanted to know if any has similar configuration and if you are having the same issues.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts