AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a reality check on a quote I received for some Lutron QED blinds. I want to install automatic IR blinds on five windows in my living room. The window dimensions are:

2 windows = 48" x 54"

3 windows = 36" x 54"

The quote I received for Lutron QED blinds at a local shade store was $4,800 for five blinds, five transformers (the blinds are 24 volt) and the blackout material was medium quality (not top of the line, but not entry level either)

That seems way high from what I expected the quote to be. Has anyone purchased Lutron blinds? Does this quote sound right? I have no baseline to compare it to.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The Lutron QED blinds are a fine product, perhaps the best there is. If the cost is alarming, you might want to ask yourself if you need Rolls-Royce grade blinds.

Other manufacturers of ordinary motorized blinds include Hunter Douglas and BTX among the better names. There are even cheaper things around, but with each step downward in cost, you give up something. There is no free lunch.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
If you want whisper-quiet, then go with the Lutron.

Ask for a demonstration. The Lutron distributor may help the dealer locate one, if he doesn't have one.

Maybe it's not worth it to you, that's a LOT of money.

Many other manufacturers, demo the others too, for a good comparison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts