AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

So basically I am looking for the most ideal setup up possible with the room I have. The first picture below is my current setup and the second is an option I am considering since I feel like it might produce a more effective sound stage since all seating position will be inside the stage (obviously I will have to tweak the volumes of each speaker to obtain balance as well with this option). The red boxes are the speakers and the the biggest of the red boxes is the subwoofer.

So what are your thoughts? Feel free to comment on either of the setups below or advise on better positions for speakers. Note the Speakers are satellite style and are wall mounted except the center speaker and subwoofer. Also the TV must remain along the front wall since that's were the outlet is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am by no means an expert and am very confused at the moment. Thank you in advance.

Current Setup:

Alternate Setup:

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Your current setup should be OK for 2.1 sound, but there does not seem to be any workable location for rear speakers.

Heavy lined drapes would be advisable on the windows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah we already heavy some heavy drapes so that isn't a problem. If I have to I guess I might just have to settle for a 2.1 system but just though I'd see if anyone could see a solution to this problem. Also what are your thoughts on a decent sound bar and sub? Are they really that effective? And would it work well with the shape of our room?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefjerky21  /t/1416443/really-need-help-with-sp...d-shaped-room-thanks-in-advance#post_22146301

I am looking for the most ideal setup up possible with the room I have.

The ideal setup is to put your TV in front of the window on the right side of your drawing, and sit on the couch that's in front of the kitchen area. More here:

How to set up a room

If not blocking the window is more important than getting the best sound, then there you go. Hey, you asked!

--Ethan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts