AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really need some help. My situation is this. I bought a Samsung un55eh6000 tv and I'm really disappointed in the picture. 2 months ago I bought a 50 inch Samsung plasma and love the picture. Moving it to my bedroom for a 55 inch tv and that's where I'm at now. I dont know if there is anything wrong with the tv but the picture is so bad to me that it makes me feel like it is. I know there's people who like plasma and people who like led but the difference between these two is night an day. I'm probably going to return it unless I can get som help here. I really like the look of the tv and didn't want 3d or smart tv just a nice picture. Read reviews from other websites and even on here with people saying they love the picture on this tv so it makes me wonder what's wrong with mine

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Show us some pictures & explain exactly what you dont like, also post your settings and someone will help you. you probably need to post in the owners thread of that particular model of TV.

Good Luck

·
Registered
564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsey  /t/1419874/really-really-need-some-help#post_22211257

Really need some help. My situation is this. I bought a Samsung un55eh6000 tv and I'm really disappointed in the picture. 2 months ago I bought a 50 inch Samsung plasma and love the picture. Moving it to my bedroom for a 55 inch tv and that's where I'm at now. I dont know if there is anything wrong with the tv but the picture is so bad to me that it makes me feel like it is. I know there's people who like plasma and people who like led but the difference between these two is night an day. I'm probably going to return it unless I can get som help here. I really like the look of the tv and didn't want 3d or smart tv just a nice picture. Read reviews from other websites and even on here with people saying they love the picture on this tv so it makes me wonder what's wrong with mine

You can't compare the picture quality of a 120 Hz LED-Backlight TV

to ANY Samsung Plasma TV so take it back and get one of the 60" Samsung Plasma's.

The 60" screen cost more but it's worth the extra $.

·
Registered
12,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsey  /t/1419874/really-really-need-some-help#post_22211257

assuming both are calibrated properly, the difference you see is likely in contrast ratio and black levels

other possible factors include motion blur, viewing angle, screen uniformity, and color accuracy

which Samsung plasma did you have? and what picture settings did you use on each?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neither one of the tvs are calibrated properly or professionally. I just use the standard settings for both tvs and then change a few things to please my eye but I can't find that happy spot with the led. Somebody who knew more about what they were doing could make both of the tvs look better. Anyways, I have though about going with the 60 in plasma but I think it might be a bit big for my room. I sit between 7-8 ft away from the tv. I have a pn51e530 samsung plasma. Not the top of the line plasma for samsung but I think the picture is really really good. With the led, it's not motion blur. That was something I worried about before I bought the tv as I watch a lot of sports but the tv handles really good in my opinion. The viewing angle was something that also shocked me. I can stand straight in front of the tv and take two normal steps in either direction and the picture changes drastically in my opinion. I also found the offical thread for the unXXeh6000 and there I was advised to do a few things I'm going to try tonight to see if they help. Thank ya'll for the help and anymore opinions would be greatly appreaciated.

·
Registered
564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsey  /t/1419874/really-really-need-some-help#post_22213589

Neither one of the tvs are calibrated properly or professionally. I just use the standard settings for both tvs and then change a few things to please my eye but I can't find that happy spot with the led. Somebody who knew more about what they were doing could make both of the tvs look better. Anyways, I have though about going with the 60 in plasma but I think it might be a bit big for my room. I sit between 7-8 ft away from the tv. I have a pn51e530 samsung plasma. Not the top of the line plasma for samsung but I think the picture is really really good. With the led, it's not motion blur. That was something I worried about before I bought the tv as I watch a lot of sports but the tv handles really good in my opinion. The viewing angle was something that also shocked me. I can stand straight in front of the tv and take two normal steps in either direction and the picture changes drastically in my opinion. I also found the offical thread for the unXXeh6000 and there I was advised to do a few things I'm going to try tonight to see if they help. Thank ya'll for the help and anymore opinions would be greatly appreaciated.

I have the e450 so it's very possible these will work just fine on your e530

as they both use the same 'clear image' filter in the panel.

Mode - Movie

Cell Light 20

Contrast 100 daytime / 98 for evening and 95 for a dark room

Brightness 50 daytime / 40 for evening and 35 for a dark room (Blacks look amazing at 35!

Sharpness 0

Color 55

R/G Tint 50/50

Color Space - Native

Gamma -1

Dynamic Contrast - off

Black Tone - Darkest

Flesh Tone - 0

Color Tone - Warm1

Size - Screen Fit

Digital Noise Filter - Off

HDMI Black Level - Low

Film Mode - Off

I have tried different settings but always come back to these.

White Balance Calibration

Thanks to 'CTM Audi'.

RO - 21

GO - 28

BO - 22

RG - 20

GG - 27

BG - 23

·
Registered
12,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsey  /t/1419874/really-really-need-some-help#post_22213589

so aside from viewing angle, what specifically bothers you about the LED-LCD? what does the plasma do better specifically?

if we can better understand what is the source of the problem, it would be easier to provide a solution in terms of optimizing picture settings on the LED-LCD

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U  /t/1419874/really-really-need-some-help#post_22213726

so aside from viewing angle, what specifically bothers you about the LED-LCD? what does the plasma do better specifically?

if we can better understand what is the source of the problem, it would be easier to provide a solution in terms of optimizing picture settings on the LED-LCD

I just posted in the offical thread as well. The term I've been looking for is cloudy. The bright colors appear washed out and dull. The dark is when you can really tell it. Makes blacks and dark colors fuzzy and undefined. I believ this is where the picture quality is going to.

·
Registered
12,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsey  /t/1419874/really-really-need-some-help#post_22214852

I just posted in the offical thread as well. The term I've been looking for is cloudy. The bright colors appear washed out and dull. The dark is when you can really tell it. Makes blacks and dark colors fuzzy and undefined. I believ this is where the picture quality is going to.

sounds like a major difference in contrast ratio and black levels, which can affect your perception of how saturated colors appear... you may have ended up with a lousy LCD panel on your EH6000 (due to panel lottery)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts