AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Right after installing the xcard, it took over the default graph in zoomplayer - worked right out of the box.

There's a dissusion about this on immersive's site. There's also the graphedit.

http://www.immersiveforum.com/showth...ght=joveplayer

DefineFilter(mmpeg2.ax)

DefineFilter(Cinemasteraudio.dll)

LoadFilter({79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767},Default DirectSound Device)

LoadFilter({70E102B0-5556-11CE-97C0-00AA0055595A},Video Renderer)

LoadFilter({9F062738-CD84-4F54-A3C4-BD5EB44F416B},Sonic Cinemaster® DS Audio Decoder)

LoadFilter({CD8743A1-3736-11D0-9E69-00C04FD7C15B},Overlay Mixer)

LoadFilter({6E8D4A20-310C-11D0-B79A-00AA003767A7},Line 21 Decoder)

LoadFilter({4E3ABD41-458E-11D1-917E-00001B4F006F},Sigma Designs MPEG 2 hardware decoder)

LoadFilter({9B8C4620-2C1A-11D0-8493-00A02438AD48},DVD Navigator)

ConnectPin(DVD Navigator,Video,Sigma Designs MPEG 2 hardware decoder,Video In)

ConnectPin(DVD Navigator,AC3,Sonic Cinemaster® DS Audio Decoder,Audio in)

ConnectPin(DVD Navigator,SubPicture,Sigma Designs MPEG 2 hardware decoder,Subpicture In)

ConnectPin(Sonic Cinemaster® DS Audio Decoder,Audio Out,Default DirectSound Device,Audio Input pin (rendered))

ConnectPin(Sigma Designs MPEG 2 hardware decoder,Overlay Out,Overlay Mixer,Input0)

ConnectPin(Sigma Designs MPEG 2 hardware decoder,Line 21 Out,Line 21 Decoder,In)

ConnectPin(Line 21 Decoder,Out,Overlay Mixer,Input2)

ConnectPin(Overlay Mixer,Output,Video Renderer,In)

·
Registered
776 Posts
How do you like this combo. What is your display device (ie regualr TV, RPTV, etc)? Are you outputting an interlaced or progressive signal?

I ask because my front projector is a Marantz. It doesn't do pixel to pixel mapping. The video processor is so good that they recommend S-video for the DVD player over a progressive DVD player into the component input. I myself am not sure that my AIW 8500 DVI input is superior to my dopey Sony DVD player on S-video. Both pictures are outstanding but my Marantz has a bug that won't let it start if the HTPC's DVI input has already been on for several minutes. As well, I have several other (oh the shame, dare I say it) analog TV's that I would like to hook up to my network.

Thanks in advance.

hjackson

·
Registered
779 Posts
hjackson,

I suspect for many situations Marantz is probably correct that their s-video input with internal hardware de-interlacing and scaling is probably better than many htpc choice, but I suspect there are some which will look superior.

I personally have my xcard connected to a Holo3d via PDI, and output at 1920 x 1080. This gives me excellent hardware faroudja de-interlacing, sigma's good hardware mpeg2 decoding, and ATI's good hardware scaling, all with the video kept in the digital domain at every step. It's the best picture I have ever seen, but took a significant amount of "tweaking" at all levels.

If you are not up for the hardware investment, a good s-video input card (flyvideo2000 seems to be rated well), with freeware dscaler and ffdshow for de-interlacing and scaling also creates a spectacular picture, but you need a powerful machine.

I have two "theaters" - 1 with a hitachi RPTV, and one with a JVC D-ILA.

As for zoomplayer as a front end to xcard, I'm not a big fan. Since the xcard has it's own component output's, and/or will go through PDI to the holo3d, you won't see any of the zoomplayer onscreen displays for control. Thus I prefer either Joveplayer or the player that came with the xcard it as they will both inject their overlay onto the xcard's video. As for all other video (including software DVD decoding), Zoomplayer is the way to go. High learning curve, but tweakable beyond belief.

·
Registered
776 Posts
So if all I wanted was a good S-video output for my Marantz projector to deinterlace and scale, you would recommend just using the Xcard? And for my other TV's that don't have component in, I could also just use the Xcard (since I won't need scaling and de-interlacing)? And if I had a HDTV or other TV that accepted a progressive input, I could add ffdshow and dscaler or the Holo3d card?

hjackson

·
Registered
779 Posts
hmm...

I don't think I said that :>

The reason the xcard is interesting is because it allows for a PDI connection to a holo3d or PDI card, and the picture to be modified by dscalor or the holo3d. If I wasn't going to attach it to either which (imho) make the picture brilliant, I'm not sure it's your best bet for DVD playback. I've found the xcard has the classic chroma bug, and it's direct output just doesn't have the vivid 3d picture I long to have. You may be better off using a very good classic 480i stand alone DVD player (like the old Sony 7000), or a good software DVD player with a s-video out capable card.

Personally, I've spent the time to scale and de-interlace the picture, and I can see a HUGE difference between what my computer can put out tweaked, and what my projector can take in and process via s-video.

As for your other TV's, I'm in the same boat. I have lot's of old TV's around the house I want to be able to watch a DVD or recorded tv show on. Since they are not videophile devices to begin with and I don't want a dedicated PC or DVD player at each one, I opted for a channel modulator coming out of my video card's s-video connector. That way channel 58 on all TV"s in the house are the HTPC DVD player / jukebox / PVR. Not great quality but real convenience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.