AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Hi, I need help on the centre rear speaker placement. My HT's entrance door is right in the middle of the rear wall. The height from the ceiling to the top of the door will be about 10". Is this enough to place the rear centre speaker there (just above the door)? Or should I move the door to the side of the rear wall and that will give me about 9 feet of solid wall to play with the three rear channels.

P.S. The HT is still construction in progress therefore I can make any change before I complete the rear wall.

Thanks in advance

Ken

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
whose ht is not in construction? constant upgrade of this or that all the time and it is a lifelong project lol

well i would place the rear center and 2 surround LR at same height so as to create a more uniformed sound stage

the room should possibly be symmetric otherwise it can be very difficult to apply room treatment later

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, cpu8088. If I need to place all three rear speakers at same height then the only choice I have is to move the door.

Ken

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Or you could place the left and rights on the side walls even with your seating area and then place two rears on each side of the door for 7.1.

Stew

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stew, the rear wall is about 13' wide. If I moved the door to 2 feet away from the side wall then the rear center can be installed on the middle of the rear wall. The 2 rear Left/right channels right beside the side walls.

The other option is push the door as close to the side wall as possible. then install the rear L/C/R channels on the middle part of the rear wall, which will only give all three channels about 3.5' apart from each other. Do you think that's a little too close too each other?

Thanks

Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.