AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 55" Philips rear projection HD widescreen and my brothers and I just bought my parents a 47" rear projection HD widescreen. Both of these could use some adjusting of the geometry settings. I have the codes to get into the Service menus for both geometry and convergence. The convergence is easy enough, no problems there.

However, no matter how hard I try, i can never get the geometry settings good enough for my liking. It just seems to prove impossible regardless of how many hours i put into it. Its impossible to get all the edges straight, no compression or expansion anywhere, etc etc... Are there any hints to this? Is there a suggested order of things (i.e. set the trapezoidal setting first, then set the parabolic settings, then change the tilt, then the horizontal shift, etc etc)? Or do you simple screw with things til it works? Any of you guys ever done this sorta setup? I know there are professionals who can do it, but from my understanding they charge a few hundred dollars which to me is unacceptable, plus I'm not real sure how to go about finding them. Any help?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Might want to ask this question in the rear projection section here, good luck with your issue.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Go check out the Keohi site. It contains a wealth of information on tweaking various sets. You may need some mechanical adjustments if the service menu won't get you there.

The site is located here .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.