Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just had a Mits WS-55613 delivered and it is beautiful!! Spent about 2 hours tweaking the convergence and picture settings yesterday and I think I have it pretty well dialed in.

Sounds like the next thing I should do is get the Avia disc, huh?

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, I'm sure I will be posting some questions in the coming weeks.

-Jeff

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am noticing that the blacks tend to be showing up as somewhat purple on my DVD's. I see it on the remaining bars on top and bottom and in dark scenes. I was watching the SE of Se7en and the DTS version of Dances with Wolves when I noticed it. Both of these discs are excellent transfers so I don't think it's the source. I have adjusted the contrast (35) and brightness (30) but I am still seeing it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Looks like you've discovered the wonderful world of Red push.

Using the Avia disc to set your tint and color controls properly will help but you will likely have to access the service menu to fix it completely.

My suggestion is to have an ISF technician come out and calibrate your set. This will fix your red push problem and will get you the best picture possible out of your set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.