AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I want to install Rear projection screen on my shop window size of 2.0m X 1.5m

The Main Idea is that I want to block Sun light from my shop and I don't want to use static posters,

So I wan't to use rear projection screen with projector, but I don't know if it will work under direct sun light on Mid day.

I found this screen which has 20 gain lumin(dot)en(dot)ecplaza(dot)net/1(dot)asp " LUMIN Power Screen " I also want to try 3m Vikuiti Did any one tries it ??

and I am planing to use 4600 lumen projector.

Any thoughts do?? , do I have chances to get a decent image or it just a waste of $$

Thanks,

Rabi

·
Banned
960 Posts
As Pete mentioned, the Starglas 60 will be your best bet. I've used the material in a few different commercial and consumer applications. a few backyards, a few store fronts.

The problem is that nothing out there can compete with direct sun light. Even with that amount of lumens. If used for a store, i'm assuming you will have the projector running for long hours so don't rely on 4600 lumens. Take into consideration that the lumens will drop because of constant use. You'd have to be pushing around 10,000 lumens to even try to compete with sunlight and even then, i don't believe you will win.

Now if you can keep direct sun from hitting it by using an awning or something similar, that might work....

Benito

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have come across the same predicament, starglass is extremely expensive and so I talked with screen solutions int. and they have a rear projection sunscreen that worked great. not cheap either but at least it solved the problem.

There is some sort of luver technology that helps block the sun and still show a brilliant image. If you face east/west it will be more difficult of course

I always will recommend a overhang of some sort as well.

Projector lumens are critical as well, you can get more for your money these days so you should bump it up irregardless for that size screen for sure.

It is always wise to apply anti glare film as well.

Hope this helps some.....good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.