AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The biggest flaws of the LT150 appear to be fan noise, DLP halo, and the lack of zoom and multiple RGB inputs. Also, ambient light tends to wash out the otherwise excellent contrast.

I seemed to recall that a rear projection setup would keep the path from the projector to the screen in complete darkness and allow for ambient light in the viewing area. The projector would be located in another room, where fan noise, masking, and installation of the projector wouldn't mess up the aesthetics of the viewing room.

Stewart makes several models of rear projection screens, all of which look pricey. Has anyone tried this with a LT150?

[This message has been edited by Lurker #25 (edited 07-27-2001).]

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
HI Lurker,

I would liek to see it as I am sure it would look good. I have issues with large rear projected images..Unless you are in total darkness you see refecltions in the glass which I do not liek either....THat is why I sold my 55" Hitachi Ultravision and downscaled to a 43" Ultravision more birhgntess and less screen size for reflections...

Something to think about...

Regards,

john

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think there are fabric screens that can be used for rear projection -- you're right, glass would generate too many reflections

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.