AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Denon AVR-4806 receiver, 3 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI out put... the HDMI output will be going to the DVI Input on my Sharp XV-z2000 projector.

I have a guest bathroom very near my HT.... I'd like to mount a 17" flat pannel monitor on the wall so that when my guests get up to use the restroom, I dont have to pause the movie and they dont miss any of the action.

Most flat pannel monitors have either or a combinationt there of a VGA input, S-video, or component input...

How can I split the HDMI output signal from my receiver to the projector and the bathroom monitor?

Is there an HDMI "Y" splitter available?

In my dental office, I have a regular computer monitor on the rear counter behind the chair... and I also have a 17" flat panel LCD monitor on the front of the chair for my patients to watch TV/movies... there's some sort of VGA splitter BOX being used rather than a "Y" cable...

I know the two are different situations, but I dont know how to spit an HDMI signal to share between to monitors?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, and what about audio?

Doesnt HDMI also carry audio? Its not an issue with the projector obviously... but it'd be nice to have an HDMI input bathroom monitor carry both video and audio through the cable.... thats what HDMI is, audio AND video, right?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.