AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still hoping to hear if someone has come up with a good way of mounting the rear Rockets 250's? I really do not want to drill into the back and am hesitant of building a shelf. This is a 7.1 system.

Mounting help please.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Having the same problem here. I thought I'd be able use a clamp type wall bracket, but all the ones I can find would interfere with the binding posts and block/partially block the rear port. I should be getting mine next week, and will probably have to build some custom clamp type wall mounts.

-r

·
Registered
517 Posts
Several people have posted that they use small TV mounting brackets (like for 13" TV's). Some of these can be aimed (angled) down, etc.

The problem with mounting, is you need sufficient clearance behind the speaker (about 6") for the port. So, with a 16" speaker, you need a shelf that sticks out up to 22 inches. The "center" of the speaker would be a point 14" out from the wall.

A way to attach the speaker to a shelf would be to use the threaded holes in the bottom (meant for the carpet spikes). I believe someone from AV123 said they are pretty firmly epoxied into the base (in case you have a desire to mount it upside-down?).

Lastly, you could hang the speaker from the ceiling, either with a web-like "basket", or a pole straight down and then a horizontal piece at the bottom of it - and bolt it down with the threaded holes.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Wouldn't these brackets work ?
http://www.btech-usa.com/bt77.html

I read somwhere in this forum about people reporting success with this bracket. I am in the process of moving to Rockets and I was hoping that these brackets that currently hold my Infinity RS-3s will work for the Rocket 250s. Wouldn't it ?

Thanks,

-Jai

·
Registered
209 Posts
The problem is that my room is fairly small and my couch is against the back wall. My (limited) understanding is that for this environment, it is better to mount the rear surround speakers (RS 250) against the rear wall facing straight upward about 36" off the floor. The clamp type brackets that would physically fit this application would block the rear port and interfere with the binding posts. It also doesn't appear that the clamps would hold the 250s along their backs/sides due to the curvature.

I should be picking up my Rocket package 1 later this week and will ask the gang at AV123 for their opinions on using the threaded holes for horizontal mounting or other bracket/stand suggestions.

Rick

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have 250 rears standing on book shelves. The shelves are 18" deep, but the Dolby web site recommends that they be aimed somewhat across, over the heads of the listeners. Given this angle (I have mine aimed about 60 degrees away from pointing straight forward, so about 30 degrees away from pointing at each other), there is plenty of space for them and their rear ports.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rmassey
Are the 250's threaded for spikes, I thought this feature was only for the 550 & 750.
Yes indeed.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen Graham
A way to attach the speaker to a shelf would be to use the threaded holes in the bottom (meant for the carpet spikes). I believe someone from AV123 said they are pretty firmly epoxied into the base (in case you have a desire to mount it upside-down?).
The 150s and 250s do have threaded inserts for spikes or whatever else you want to use them for. The inserts are glued and screwed to the base....

Regards,

Sean

·
Registered
136 Posts
It was utterly crude and gauche for you people to have created this thread. I mean, really -- rear rocket speaker mounting *indeed*. No speaker was ever designed for that kind of mauling. There were no speakers in the Garden of Eden! In a word, how dare you.

Don't you realize they make stag films so that animals like you can satisfy your lewd itchings? I always *knew* that, etymologically speaking, *audiophile* meant people who wanted to have sex with sound waves. And as for *stereophiles*, well, let's just say it's best not to let those people into one's apartment.

But I had no idea you'd be so Godless as to *start a thread devoted to explicit speaker abuse in an AVS forum*. Great Moses, you *********, have you no sense of decency?

For the love of St. Ignapleiade La Mei-mei Flaspenard, people, come to your senses. Make peace with your Redeemer and stop ogling your speakers in this leering primate-in-a-trenchcoat fashion. They're speakers, for the love of God! Wholesome innocent speakers! They're not pink palpitating rectangles in suggestive dustcovers waiting to slake your various dismal urges!

And now if you'll excuse me, it's time for Davey and Goliath on Nickelodeon.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scrypt
It was utterly crude and gauche for you people to have created this thread. I mean, really -- rear rocket speaker mounting *indeed*. No speaker was ever designed for that kind of mauling. There were no speakers in the Garden of Eden! In a word, how dare you.

Don't you realize they make stag films so that animals like you can satisfy your lewd itchings? I always *knew* that, etymologically speaking, *audiophile* meant people who wanted to have sex with sound waves. And as for *stereophiles*, well, let's just say it's best not to let those people into one's apartment.

But I had no idea you'd be so Godless as to *start a thread devoted to explicit speaker abuse in an AVS forum*. Great Moses, you *********, have you no sense of decency?

For the love of St. Ignapleiade La Mei-mei Flaspenard, people, come to your senses. Make peace with your Redeemer and stop ogling your speakers in this leering primate-in-a-trenchcoat fashion. They're speakers, for the love of God! Wholesome innocent speakers! They're not pink palpitating rectangles in suggestive dustcovers waiting to slake your various dismal urges!

And now if you'll excuse me, it's time for Davey and Goliath on Nickelodeon.
"... Not that there is anything wrong with that ..."

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scrypt

How insulting! And here I wanted some custom, pink speakers shaped like bunnies :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.