AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I'm projecting my CRT from the rear through a soft vinyl screen. Pola-something. My question is; do these screens lose there sharpness or brightness over time. The screen is over three years old. I just had everything calibrated but the picture is still not as bright as I'd like it and still seems soft . Any suggestions?

Neal

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
how are your tubes?????

ts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tubes seem to be okay. I just had the projector calibrated (literally today) One thing of importance is that I've recently put the DVDO and RGB cables in and the picture is definitely softer and dimmer than direct into the proj. with S video. Also, the color shift is very evident across this screen (ISF guy confirmed).

·
Registered
234 Posts
Neal, If you can get to the back of the screen fabric, place a piece of high quality heavy bond paper or card stock on the fabric. If the (now F.P.) image on the card is similar in sharpness etc. to what you see from the viewing side, the projector is the issue. If the image on the card or paper is a lot sharper etc., you have a screen issue.

Mark Robinson

Stewart Filmscreen Corp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.