AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am a new member here - but I have been reading this site for a few weeks now and I must say an excellent site it is:)

My question is this - I am planning a dedicated home theatre room that will have two rows of seating one behind the other. The rear most row of seating will obviously have to be raised for viewing purposes. Where would be the best place to place the rear surround speakers in this scenario? Would I be better with two sets of rear speakers, one for each row? and are there any all in one receivers that will run that many speakers? (8 speakers + sub)

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi, I`m fairly new too but opinionated just the same. My thoughts would be to go with a 7.1 digital receiver or the same in separates with the side rears planted between the rows with floorstanders at the same height as the mains OR wall-mounted dipoles a foot or so above the mains and the rear rears in the back in the same configuration as the sides for a seamless surround. Now if your room is good size, another outstanding option would go with a 9.1 Sunfire Theater Grand 3 processor with a 9 channel amplifier ( 2 5channel Butler 5150`s as a thought). The Sunfire takes the main channels and makes an extention of them for another set of mains that would be mounted slightly in front of the mains, preferably on the walls. I`ve heard that this an excellent setup from Witchdoctor here, who has this setup. BTW, I have 6.1 setup with the Sunfire/Butler 3150 combo using just one speaker in the rear and love it in my smallish 11' x 17' room. This is just one man`s opinion, hopefully you`ll get lots more. :) Regards, Robin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.