AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Forgive the ignorance, but I've read the manual and am still stumped on this one. Any help would be appreciated.

I recently upgraded to a Pioneer VSX-1021-K from a pretty terrible Costco HTIB setup and am having trouble trying to get the system to use the rear speakers. It'll use them occasionally when full surround is provided by the source (Blu-ray movies, some PS3 games) but when playing a more basic source (Airplay, downloaded TV shows, records), I don't get any sound out of my rear speakers. My old setup used to "fake" surround sound by simply playing the same audio as the front speakers, and I feel like that provided a better experience in my small living room. Any idea how I can tell the VSX-1021-K to go ahead and do the same?

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Use the Advanced surround and switch to Dolby Pro Logic II or DTS Neo:6. Check your manual for instructions on how to do that. These processors won't just play all the audio to your rear speakers -- they will spit out surround sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofart /forum/post/20927962

Use the Advanced surround and switch to Dolby Pro Logic II or DTS Neo:6. Check your manual for instructions on how to do that. These processors won't just play all the audio to your rear speakers -- they will spit out surround sound.

Just tried this, and neither Dolby Pro Logic II or DTS Neo:6 force any audio out of the rear speakers. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorfrog /forum/post/20933109

Just tried this, and neither Dolby Pro Logic II or DTS Neo:6 force any audio out of the rear speakers. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

5 channel stereo...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Check the speaker connections, and make sure the rear speakers are 'on' in the receiver (run MCACC or use Setup on the remote). It is possible the receiver doesn't know you have rear speakers.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
make sure you have the speakers hooked up to the "surround" jacks, not the "back" jacks...

have you run mcacc?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue and doesn't look like there's a lot of info on it (which usually means it's on me). All 5 satellites are connected and working when I run MCACC. Also, I am using Surround inputs and the system recognizes those satellites as Surround. Made sure my PS3 was set to output 5.1. Getting bummed :'(

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorfrog /forum/post/20927919

Hi there. Forgive the ignorance, but I've read the manual and am still stumped on this one. Any help would be appreciated.

I recently upgraded to a Pioneer VSX-1021-K from a pretty terrible Costco HTIB setup and am having trouble trying to get the system to use the rear speakers. It'll use them occasionally when full surround is provided by the source (Blu-ray movies, some PS3 games) but when playing a more basic source (Airplay, downloaded TV shows, records), I don't get any sound out of my rear speakers. My old setup used to "fake" surround sound by simply playing the same audio as the front speakers, and I feel like that provided a better experience in my small living room. Any idea how I can tell the VSX-1021-K to go ahead and do the same?

Thanks!

Ahhh if the unit's screen says STEREO, press the ADV SURR button in the LISTENING MODE section (bottom most, right most button). For some reason the system defaults to stereo? Anyway, keep hitting that button, there are EQ-like presets. I used TV SURROUND for my cable and ACTION for my ps3.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

i would STRONGLY suggestbto the op that they use either dolby plii or dts neo... the artificial sound modes of "advanced surround" are a scourge upon the earth...

if he is not getting sound out of them in this manner, his issue is what i suggested in my earlier post...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just came across this thread, having the same problem,I just bought four more towers,with a total of 6 klipsch towers,center,sub,two bose wide highs, 9 speakers in all for my vsx-1122 I can't half of them to play at the same time,sub and mids works on some blueray,but they all work on MCACC, gona give it a try tomarrow,just seeing if any of you were still having the problem, Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts