AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I tried this but my denon 1712 doesn't seam to let me run rear speakers without a center hooked up. Is there a way to have a phantom center? A friend of mine suggested hooking up a cheap center then turning it off so I can run the rears? Don't know if this is possible. All I know is giving the center channels job to a poor sounding center would take away from the entire point of my vf-36's

One thing I have pondered is setting up the tweeters as the center? I know this will take away from listening to music but I could set it up for a one time thing (theres a movie I want to watch in surround sound)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I understand that running my system at "4.1" makes no sense to an audiophile. However my daily needs haven't lead me towards upgrading my sound system.

With that being said I managed to work things out that I have found a center channel, a vc-25 which is amazingly hard to find. I managed to come up with the cash to get it and my sound system will be grateful for such a thing.

I watched the avengers tonight and for the first time truly discovered what I am missing, I look forward to watching movies with a true center and generic surrounds.

I will in the near/distant future find myself some better surrounds and sides and get a full 7.1 system. For now a 3.1 with surrounds to make a 5.1 will be good enough.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I can't believe I didn't get a center sooner........... Last time I heard 5.1 it was on my HT in a box system from 15 years ago and it was dolby pro-logic

Will never watch a movie 2.1 again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts