AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am doing some in-wall wiring for a future theater setup in a multi-purpose space and would like some input on rear surround placement.

So, Dolby advises the rear surrounds being placed 135deg to 150deg in relation to the main listening position. On the rear surround left speaker, this is not feasible because the speaker needs to be placed on the back wall (I don't want to place it along the side wall for general room use reasons). So, the angle relative to the MLP is ~163deg.

For the rear surround right speaker, I have the option to place it as 150deg in the opposite corner to adhere to the Dolby specs for one of the rear surrounds. Or, would you recommend keeping the rear surround right speaker more symmetrical at 163deg as well?

See the top-down view drawings attached. The dashed lines in the Sketchup drawing are 150deg from MLP.

Thanks!

Line Parallel Plan Drawing Blue Line Electric blue Colorfulness Turquoise

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,
I am doing some in-wall wiring for a future theater setup in a multi-purpose space and would like some input on rear surround placement.

So, Dolby advises the rear surrounds being placed 135deg to 150deg in relation to the main listening position. On the rear surround left speaker, this is not feasible because the speaker needs to be placed on the back wall (I don't want to place it along the side wall for general room use reasons). So, the angle relative to the MLP is ~163deg.

For the rear surround right speaker, I have the option to place it as 150deg in the opposite corner to adhere to the Dolby specs for one of the rear surrounds. Or, would you recommend keeping the rear surround right speaker more symmetrical at 163deg as well?

See the top-down view drawings attached. The dashed lines in the Sketchup drawing are 150deg from MLP.

Thanks!

View attachment 3071798 View attachment 3071799
I thought that your ATMOS should be 1/2 distance between TV and ear and same distance to the back ones. It looks like they are moved closer together than recommended.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts