AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishak /forum/post/0

what are the best rear speakers under 500 dolars

That is kind of vague. What type are you looking for? Monopole, bi-pole, di-pole. Horn loaded or dome. What does the rest of your system consist of? I may not be able to give you the best answer, but with this info I think the rest of the members may be able to help you better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just bought a bower and wilkins center channel speaker and i have sony floorstanding speakers with sony rear speakers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im going to upgrade to bowers and wilkins floorstanding speakers in the future if that helps

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishak /forum/post/0

So what fits my system best

Sorry but I know nothing about B&W speakers. All I can tell you is your surrounds are not a important your mains, so if you are OK with the way the Sony speakers sound put that money towards getting your towers.

·
Registered
358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro /forum/post/0

Sorry but I know nothing about B&W speakers. All I can tell you is your surrounds are not a important your mains, so if you are OK with the way the Sony speakers sound put that money towards getting your towers.

I agree with Mr. Smigro 100%. You will notice a much bigger difference if you get a pair of quality towers.

·
Registered
171 Posts
get the new b&w front speakers you want to match the center you have. then use the sony's you have upfront now as your rear/surround speakers and replace them when you have the money or get the itch.

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
Klipsch make some good surrounds IMO. Surrounds typically only need to handle higher frequencies and Klipsch horns are great at that. You may be better off buying a 5 speaker system and use the non-center for your 4 surrounds. It's frequently less expensive to buy 5 as a set than to buy 4 individually. You can almost certainly get a decent set for under $500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts