AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently have put together a value surround sound and I'm not sure what to buy to finish my setup. I currently have two polk monitor70s, cs2 center, two svs pb-1000s and a Onkyo TX-NR626 7.2 receiver.

I'm looking to buy 4 more speakers for the rears to have a 7.2 setup but space is more of a concern considering the aesthetics. Would 4 satellite speakers be a good match or am I heading in the wrong direction? And what speakers would be a good fit for the price/value?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I would recommend Polk Monitor 30 Series II on newegg.com for $120 per pair. Or if you can find them at a better price somewhere else or if you have the original Monitor 70s then maybe you could find Monitor30s.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I would initially buy the first pair with a budget of 75-125. I noticed the monitor30s ii go on sale for 89.99?

I have the monitor70 ii.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Ok. Well if you have room for the Monitor 30 II that is what I would go with cuz its part of the same set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was my initial thought. I just wanted to get a second opinion to know if there was better value/performance with an alternative. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts