AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My theater room is approx. 11' x 31'. My first row is about 12 feet back from the front and my second is about 17'. I currently have two 6.5" coaxial, ceiling mount speakers with the tweeters aimed towards the listening positions mounted in my 7' drop ceiling about 3 feet back from the last row. My question is this...would wall mouted speakers on the back wall (about 14' feet away from the second row) be better for surrounds than the ceiling mounted ones? The ceiling speakers are cheapies from Dayton, but they do sound pretty decent for the price. The speakers I am considering for wall mount are substantially better and have the same driver array as the rest of the setup, whereas the ceiling do not, but truth is, it hasn't been noticeable. I am not sure how much difference it will make overall, considering it is a only a rear surround. Any opinions?

Thanks,

Bricktop

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
A fair amount of debate goes on with this....

While it usually drastically effects the performance to cieling mount any of the front soundstange, I can't say I really feel that way about the surrounds. I have seen a lot of room where the surrounds are cieling mounted and generally I'd have to say it works well enough even if not considered optimal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts