AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a used {1yr} svs 20-39PCi suband was wondering what a reasonable price would be to offer? THIS IS IN CANADA so canadian $ no shipping. I dont want to overpay and i dont want to insult the person either. He is asking $700

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
$700 Canadian? That is 30% w/o even considering the import and shipping fees you're saving. Sounds pretty good to me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Based on current currency conversion rates, you can buy the same unit new from SVS for $745 CDN plus shipping plus the 7% GST you will likely have to pay when it crosses the border. There should be no other customs on it as far as I know since it's U.S. made. I only remember paying GST on my 20-39CS.

If SVS had a B-Stock 20-39PCi available it would probably be in the same price range. If you know this used sub is in good shape and can't get him to lower the price I'd say it's a "fair" deal. Personally, I'd probably offer $625 or $650 for it.

Does anyone know if SVS's 3 year warranty is tranferrable?

·
Registered
673 Posts
IF you think it is worth it...it is :) IF not and you can try to talk him down...

Anyway I sold my PB2+ for $1050 and he picked it up. Fair=market value, supply and demand..etc :)

A good example is the Cooper mini right now, a new one is cheaper than a used one by multiple thousand $$...just you have to wait for the new one!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by colins
Based on current currency conversion rates, you can buy the same unit new from SVS for $745 CDN plus shipping plus the 7% GST you will likely have to pay when it crosses the border. There should be no other customs on it as far as I know since it's U.S. made. I only remember paying GST on my 20-39CS.
With shipping and Tax - it is pushing $900 CDN. Don't forget some provinces collect PST/HST also, so that 7% can jump to 15%

$700 is looking better and better.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
SVS ships UPS ground and UPS extorts money from us Canadians! For example, I recently purchased the $150USD Black box from SVS. I had to pay UPS $65.26 CDN to land the Black box:

13.83 Customs GST

15.80 CA Ontario PST

2.33 Brokerage GST

27.47 Entry Prep Charge

5.85 Disbursement fee

$700 is a fair deal IMHO and you won't have to deal with the PITA of UPS and waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You need to get it out of your head that it is UPS ripping you off. It's your GOVERNMENT!

Of the 5 thingsyou list, 3 are taxes, and the rest are probably reasonable fees to get all the paperwork in order.

You gotta love living in the USA, though... my SVS sub showed up about 4 days after I ordered it, sitting happily on my doorstep when I got home from work. Shipping = $50, Tax = $0

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
piggybacking on this thread,

i have a like new PB2+ (now PB12-Plus/2) for sale.

see ht forum "hardware for sale" or audiogon.

if you live in north calif. there is a bunch of great bonus gear (if you pick up)

best,

eric

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TrojanHorse
You need to get it out of your head that it is UPS ripping you off. It's your GOVERNMENT!
Trojan -

Trust me it is UPS. Fedex and the Canadian postal service charge a lot less for the same item being sent. The gov't is also getting their cut.

These are purely UPS fees:

2.33 Brokerage GST

27.47 Entry Prep Charge (this is the killer)

5.85 Disbursement fee

This should not be charged because of the Free Trade Agreement

13.83 Customs GST

I have had a lot of things shipped from the USA and whenever it is sent by UPS the fees are always more expensive. I will guarantee you if you shipped me three identical items one through UPS, one through FedEx and one through the USPS. I will be willing to bet that the UPS will be the most expensive to land by a large margin. Check out the CRT forum and search for UPS and you will similar UPS backlash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.