AVS Forum banner
681 - 700 of 956 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
The last 4K UHD player, lol, a bit of a stretch there. He probably means a new brand to come to market other than Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, LG, etc. That's definitely possible but I am sure there will be newer models in the future from those brands.

·
Registered
879 Posts
The last 4K UHD player, lol, a bit of a stretch there. He probably means a new brand to come to market other than Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, LG, etc. That's definitely possible but I am sure there will be newer models in the future from those brands.
Agreed. Hyperbolic. To this day, manufacturers continue to make CD players, DVD players, vinyl record players, and yes, even audio cassette players.

:coffee:

Reactions: thtdadav

·
Registered
Sony 77a80j, NAD T778, Reavon X100, Parasound A53+, BW 702s2, BW HTM71S2, BW 706S2, SVS SB16Ultra
44 Posts
I’m a month in with mine and still very happy. I just want the best picture I can get from a disc to my old and it does that incredibly.

·
Registered
879 Posts
So are these truly turning out to be the new "better" Oppos...?
I'm still trying figure out the same thing.
I'm beginning to think . . . maybe not "better", but at least a modern, 2021 equivalent.
The lack of components inside the boxes was at first glance, disturbing to see, however,
I've read on other forums the Reavon are using newer, updated internals, so less chipsets are required to produce the same results.
Of course, that could be completely wrong. If anyone would like to address that observation, I'd love to hear their take.
The biggest complaint I can seem to find is "the price".
Yes, they are expensive for what they are, but (for me personally) i'm not sure that is a reason to pass them by.

:)

·
Registered
879 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm still trying figure out the same thing.
I'm beginning to think . . . maybe not "better", but at least a modern, 2021 equivalent.
The lack of components inside the boxes was at first glance, disturbing to see, however,
I've read on other forums the Reavon are using newer, updated internals, so less chipsets are required to produce the same results.
Of course, that could be completely wrong. If anyone would like to address that observation, I'd love to hear their take.
The biggest complaint I can seem to find is "the price".
Yes, they are expensive for what they are, but (for me personally) i'm not sure that is a reason to pass them by.

:)
Ehh I wouldn’t say it’s taking the place of the Oppo but it’s a decent player minus the glitchy software. The picture it gives off is just as good as other higher end players maybe a slight edge over the Panasonic.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Ehh I wouldn’t say it’s taking the place of the Oppo but it’s a decent player minus the glitchy software. The picture it gives off is just as good as other higher end players maybe a slight edge over the Panasonic.
No doubt your X100 would make a super CD transport, but I can't help but wonder how the X200 fairs (as a CD player) using it's built in DACS.
Fortunately, I am not a SACD or DVD-A collector.

:unsure:

·
Registered
111 Posts
No doubt your X100 would make a super CD transport, but I can't help but wonder how the X200 fairs (as a CD player) using it's built in DACS.

I heard a couple years ago besides the Oppo, the Sony 1100es was great for SACD due to the DAC that’s in there but I’m with you not a CD fan for music. Qobuz for me 😀

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
No. Lack of DVD-A on the 200 and lack of DVD-A and SACD on the 100 rules them both out for me.
So...The term "universal disc player" should be removed from their web site... As it's misleading: -

Product Output device Font Line Gadget

·
Registered
464 Posts
No. Lack of DVD-A on the 200 and lack of DVD-A and SACD on the 100 rules them both out for me.
The X200 supports both DVD-A & SACD, it's only the X100 that lacks SACD capability, still it is puzzling that they falsely claim that the X100 is indeed a "Universal" player, I suppose it is no different to when Arcam claimed their UDP411 player was "Universal" but lacked DVD-A support.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
The X200 supports both DVD-A & SACD, it's only the X100 that lacks SACD capability......
The reference to DVD-A has recently been removed from the X200 page on the Reavon website: -
Font Art Rectangle Circle Brand

Handwriting Rectangle Font Circle Number

·
Registered
464 Posts
It has been like that for some time, Reavon ought to change the ambiguous DVD logo & alter it to reflect the X200's actual capabilities, this is the X100's page clearly stating DVD-A support, shame they are not consistent across both players' product pages.

Rectangle Font Magenta Screenshot Auto part

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have or have had some of the top BD players in my cinema for a period of months to keep them respective sell on. Cambridge 751BD,CXU,CXUHD,Pioneer LX800, Oppo 105D,PrimareBD32, Panasonic UB9000 and Reavon X200. From a selected players XLR analog outs for playing CDs, Primare BD32 is the best, Reavon x200 follows. Some of my friends put LX800 on the second place, depends on taste and setup, I think. Fact is, that X200 is very good player- it means that price is adequate to sound quality, maybe quality even betters the price. It might be not universal enough, but very handy for physical media users.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I heard a couple years ago besides the Oppo, the Sony 1100es was great for SACD due to the DAC that’s in there but I’m with you not a CD fan for music. Qobuz for me 😀
Oh, so sorry. I think you misunderstood me. I am a HUGE CD fan and collector. I have about 700 music CD and my collection grows by the day.
Thats why i keep asking everyone about the X200 CD playback features and sound quality.

It's SACD and DVD-A that i do not collect, although I do still respect the formats.

681 - 700 of 956 Posts