Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Replay TV 5060.

I had a situation today where the Replay got stuck watching a recorded program. I tried a soft reset. My Replay is now stuck in a loop where I get a screen saying "Welcome To Replay TV Please Stand By" then shuts off and turns back on.. This cycle keeps repeating and doesn't stop.

I unplugged the Replay and the network connections and I gave the Replay a hard reset.. I have the same problem...

I have a feeling something got corrupted in either its operating system or FAT.. Any ideas how to cure this problem?

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Did you try unplugging *ALL* cables (net, A/V, antenna,, power)? Then press the power switch several times to be sure it's srained of power. Wait 15 minutes, and reconnect.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.. I have now did your advice and the Replay works fine... :)

I appreciate your help. What is the cause of this? Static electricity in the cables?

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
What CAN cause problems is the small bit of juice that can come into the replay from all the other cables, not just the power cable. This can be enough to keep some parts "live". Which you don't want. Pressing the power button sometimes helps some of the caps to discharge too.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
What gets me is that I've never seen this with anything but a RTV. However, it's a PC, and all other PCs seem to really reboot when you turn the power off. Beats me the difference here. Could be mobo isolation, who knows.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Lee I've seen it in a case were you might see it too now... directv equipment. The dish LNBs are powered by the reciever, so if the reciever cuts power the LNBs are out too. But... there is one exception, some mulitswitches are powered and can send voltage back to the receiver. That's why the DSS trouble shooting includes disconnection the sat line in when resetting your DSS receiver. =)

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Oh, sure, but *there* you know (or should) that there's 18VDC coming down the line. You'd not think the mV in A/V and net lines could do it. :)

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by leesweet
What gets me is that I've never seen this with anything but a RTV. However, it's a PC, and all other PCs seem to really reboot when you turn the power off. Beats me the difference here. Could be mobo isolation, who knows.
Well, I've seen it in PCs, although not in recent memory. Although that could have been explained by the presence of the mobo backup battery, not to mention clock batteries and who knows what high value capacitors used to keep memory alive during powerdowns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.