AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, i had my kuro calibrated a couple months ago but since have upgraded to a elite sc25 receiver. Does this mean that I need to re calibrate my kuro or is it still good? Also, what if I change out my blu ray player?

thanks

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Talk to your calibrator. You haven't provided enough detail about the way your system used to be set up and what may have changed with using the new gear. Your calibrator should be able to walk you through what may have changed via a conversation over the phone.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
It depends if the sources were doing any "video" changes. Some player and receivers have their own video processing which will affect your end result. However, if the display was allowed to do all the processing then I wouldn't expect different results.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree with Alan, contact your calibrator.

Most calibrators, myself included, offer follow up cals at discounted rates. Blu-Ray players can have many adjustments within their own set-up menus that need to be properly configured. Additionally, components, i.e. receivers, disc players, set-top boxes, can sometimes alter/affect the signal whether they perform any processing or not.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
It bears spelling this out again, that proper display calibration includes every other factor in the whole system that affects the integrity of the image on the screen. A better terminology would be "display system calibration." If a TV or projector is adjusted before being sold, prior to being used in an entertainment system, it could simply be called "display calibration."

If the display is the only device being checked and adjusted, the goal is not really to provide the viewer an accurate image in the system. Signal source devices, video processors, cabling, and the room's viewing conditions, all can affect how the picture appears. A genuinely qualified professional calibrator will address all these issues as part of a display system calibration service. The OP's calibrator is likely the best one to evaluate what may have changed in the system, and how it may have impacted imaging performance.

Best regards and beautiful pictures,

G. Alan Brown, President

CinemaQuest, Inc.

A Lion AV Consultants Affiliate

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts