AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And by affordable I mean cheap.... the cheapest ones you know.... I don't want to spend over $500 for a pair, not even $400 really... Also my reciever is an Onkyo TX-SR605, so I don't really need super powerful speakers (sicne the reciever is only pushing 90 watts).

·
Registered
383 Posts
Check out some of the Polk rt series on sale at frys. Good deals on older series some of the polks guys are almost stealing them.RTI8,S in your price range.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Polk Rti8's. I have them with the same onkyo you have. they sound so much better than their price. and look 3x as good as they should for what I paid for them.

Seriously Recommend them.

they sound very good with music,but not the best if you're only going for music.

for home theather they are so loud and rock in so many levels when paired with my other polk stuff

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those Mirage speakers look nice. What is everyone's opinion on omnipolar speakers? I had a the Spherex Xbox HITB and thought it sounded very good, so maybe I'll give the real versions a wack...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterX /forum/post/12866481

Those Mirage speakers look nice. What is everyone's opinion on omnipolar speakers? I had a the Spherex Xbox HITB and thought it sounded very good, so maybe I'll give the real versions a wack...

Good, but picky about placement....

·
Registered
101 Posts
I saw a pair of Athena W??? at CompUSA for about $500 - maybe less. Better check quick though because they are about to close their doors for good. I do not have these speakers so I can't tell you how they sound, but they seemed to be well made and I have seen favorable recommendations of them on AVS Forums.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have the Mirage 350's and really, really enjoy them. I think they are an absolute STEAL at $300/pair. Mine are placed in far les than "optimal" locations and they are sounding great.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
In that price range I would look for a close out on the older monitor audio bronze series, the def tech BP10bs or the boston acoustic VR series towers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts