AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my 58c7000 and had a few questions. The power cable that is currently on there is very short...will connecting an extension 3 prong degrade the quality? I will have it plugged into a power conditioner. Also is breakin necessary and how long. I saw on the sticky for about 100 hrs and contrast and brightness below 50 is this what everyone is using?

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrockmanxneoxx /forum/post/19648643

I just received my 58c7000 and had a few questions. The power cable that is currently on there is very short...will connecting an extension 3 prong degrade the quality?

Degrade the quality of what?

Quote:
I will have it plugged into a power conditioner.

Why?

Quote:
Also is break-in necessary and how long. I saw on the sticky for about 100 hrs and contrast and brightness below 50 is this what everyone is using?

Break-in is probably not necessary, but if you insist on doing it then there are two basic methods:

(A) Run the Contrast setting at about the half way point to reduce the screen's brigthness (don't bother with the Brightness setting as that's only a black level adjustment) and watch regular full-screen content and programming and try to avoid bright station logos and tickers and banners - and on a Samsung i'd go 200-300 hours.

(B) Download the solid colored break-in images onto a USB stick, then run a Slide Show with the TV in the Vivid or Dynamic picture mode with the Contrast setting turned up all the way to maximum. DO NOT watch any programming or movies with these settings, they're only for use with the break-in images. I'd do this for a few hundred hours.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrockmanxneoxx /forum/post/19656961

anyone?

PS: The reason your thread got 100 views but no answers is because you didn't put the questions in your subject line, so nobody knows what the topic is about. This does not attract people that know the answer, and everybody else clicks on it to see what the topic is about but they don't answer. It looks like you were just announcing that you bought a TV.

You need to put your question or concern in the subject line. FWIW.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/19657262

PS: The reason your thread got 100 views but no answers is because you didn't put the questions in your subject line, so nobody knows what the topic is about. This does not attract people that know the answer, and everybody else clicks on it to see what the topic is about but they don't answer. It looks like you were just announcing that you bought a TV.

You need to put your question or concern in the subject line. FWIW.

Thanks for your help.

As far as quality I was referring to the power cord...If I use an extension cord on the existing power cable from the TV will it degrade the picture quality when plugged into the power conditioner?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.