AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have broken my search down to a few receivers that I am interested in upgrading from my DENON 1905. I need help in your telling me which of the three that I have chosen have the least issues &/or produce the best quality sound for the money. I don't have to have the upconversion or switching although that would be nice so we don't have to have as many clicks to change from HD sat to DVD, etc.

Pioneer VSX-81TXV

Pioneer VSX-82TXV

Denon AVR-2307

Denon AVR-2807

Harman Kardon 645

Anyone use or sell these that can give me honest open opinion? Also does anyone know which Denon rates in power to the HK 645? They claim it's 75W/ch is the same as Denon's 110W/ch - please advise...

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I would check some of the owner threads for those brands in this forum.

As for HK power ratings, that's a hotly debated topic. Some say they are conservatively and honestly rated and suffer unfairly when compared to evil companies like Yamaha. Others say their party line "but ours are high current" is a load of dingos kidneys.

I myself would love to hear a a real world demo of that HK against a comparably priced Denon, Yamaha or Pioneer with a nice action movie.

One more thing, some people have complained about HK quality or annoying behavior. There are some great HK owner threads you should look at and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be willing to offer up that contest as a host with the Pio, Denon, HK if I choose to also buy the HK for testing. I have the two above for 45 days, the HK I can have for 30 days and I have the D1905 now so I could compare the HK645 @75W/ch to the D1905's 80W/ch... I feel the HK should outperform it at the cost difference of $1000+ v/s about $300 now...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have recently had a Pioneer 1016 and a HK 635 and an older Denon 3300 rated at 110W a channel in my system. The HK blew the doors off the Pioneer and played at least as loud as the Denon. SQ is what set the 3 apart, 3rd place went to the Pioneer, 2nd to the Denon and the HK blew the doors off of both of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.