AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2221 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread will serve as place for members to post sale/special pricing on receivers, amps and processors. Price discussions and "where to buy" will be allowed in this thread, but not in any other thread in the receivers/amp/processor forum.

Same rules apply here:

1) Do not post links to ebay auctions, classified ads or craigslist ad etc. AVS does not allow personal ads to be posted or promoted outside of the classified forums.

2) Do not post affiliate links on AVS

3) Dealers or Vendors are not allowed to post or promote their sites in this thread. If in doubt, Vendors can contact Mike Lang, the AVS administrator.

4) Of course, the normal code of conduct applies in this thread as well.

We reserve the right to change or modify the rules for this thread, so please check this post for any changes.

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
35 Posts
I really appreciate the idea of this thread because I needed something like this, & I believe many others too.

Looking forward to buy Denon X4300H from a legit seller in best possible sale price.

Last price was offered by #DigitalDawn which is $699, inclusive shipping. She got sold out though. Please suggest best price and where could it be bought from. Also suggest whether it will be best AVR to buy around that price or there are better, among competitors.

Thanks once again!!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
I really appreciate the idea of this thread because I needed something like this, & I believe many others too.

Looking forward to buy Denon X4300H from a legit seller in best possible sale price.

Last price was offered by #DigitalDawn which is $699, inclusive shipping. She got sold out though. Please suggest best price and where could it be bought from. Also suggest whether it will be best AVR to buy around that price or there are better, among competitors.

Thanks once again!!

Not sure who Digital Dawn is, but you should try and buy from an authorized dealer in case warranty issues arise. Go to the Denon website and see the list of authorized dealers. Give some a call and i'm sure you could get a decent price on the 4300h.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not sure who Digital Dawn is, but you should try and buy from an authorized dealer in case warranty issues arise. Go to the Denon website and see the list of authorized dealers. Give some a call and i'm sure you could get a decent price on the 4300h.
The very reason I didn't buy from them. Her name is Dawn Luks & they are on the forum with name DigitalDawn. Their website states they are conducting business from Jupiter, Florida. I believe they might be resellers for Denon, not authorised dealer for sure. She was offering X4300H for $699 inclusive shipping which by far is best price I have heard from anyone so far. I have to ship it to my cousin who is in Asia anyway, so warranty is not my top concern for now. A good price & genuine product is all that I care for.

Thanks for your inputs though!

Sam

·
Registered
498 Posts
Or buy from a reputable authorized dealer using a credit card that offers price matching such as Citi Price Rewind...and then use Digital Dawn as your price match...you'll get the lower price AND be assured of having warranty service if you need it!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Or buy from a reputable authorized dealer using a credit card that offers price matching such as Citi Price Rewind...and then use Digital Dawn as your price match...you'll get the lower price AND be assured of having warranty service if you need it!
It always amazes me how few people take advantage of this perk. Better credit cards all offer some kind of a price match policy. I buy stuff from reputable retailers and price match against less reputable ones all the time. I probably save $500+ a year on average in price matches.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on a new 4300H / $800 shipped, no sales tax, through Electronics Expo / Amazon. I called JD and he did not have any new 4300's left. A4L has a refurb for $100 less.

·
Registered
878 Posts
My 4300H showed up today from Crutchfield, $800 (minus some points I had there) with 3 day free shipping. Nicely double boxed plus they have a 60 day no questions asked return policy and price protection. Arrived in perfect condition.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I'm surprised they're closing out the 6300H at $1,500 this year, the 6200W went for $1,300 last year. The 4300 got 2 extra amps over it's predecessor as well but still closing out at the same price.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I'm surprised they're closing out the 6300H at $1,500 this year, the 6200W went for $1,300 last year. The 4300 got 2 extra amps over it's predecessor as well but still closing out at the same price.
Actually it was $1200 but I agree $1500 now sounds a bit high.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Actually it was $1,299. I did buy one and every site I visited at the time had the same price.
Yep, my bad. It was $1,299. I was also shopping hard for one at the time and found an online seller doing $1,200 but I passed after finding out they weren't an authorized reseller. Still think the X6300 will drop some more before they dry up but that's having to play the waiting game. Still a great receiver for the money.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Still think the X6300 will drop some more before they dry up but that's having to play the waiting game.
I agree, I think this is the early bird semi-closeout price since not all dealers have dropped their prices yet. At this point for the difference I'd go for the 4300 instead if I were in the market. Unfortunately I have to send in my 6200 for repair already. :(

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I agree, I think this is the early bird semi-closeout price since not all dealers have dropped their prices yet. At this point for the difference I'd go for the 4300 instead if I were in the market. Unfortunately I have to send in my 6200 for repair already. :(
Sorry to hear that but better to have the issue under warranty than out was what I always told my customers who were upset that their new car I sold them needed a repair. They still weren't happy and I couldn't blame them really. That's why folks buy new over used in the first place but stuff happens.

I would love to wait and get the X6300 but it's looking more and more like the X4300 is more in my comfort zone. I have the money for either but I'm pretty frugal meaning cheap, lol. I do keep my electronics a long time though. My current Denon receiver is 12 years old and won't die.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Yes, that's why I made sure to buy from an authorized dealer for just such an occasion. It's not really the money to send it in it's really unhooking everything and packing it up and waiting. Luckily the place in Syracuse, NY is a day away for shipping so depends on how fast they get it back to me. I'm pretty cheap as well, I'll spend 8 hours working on a car for something I could have dropped off and had repaired for a $100 of labor.:) Sure they have the right tools and can do it faster than me but then I reward myself with something else I want with the money I saved...or stick it in the bank. Electronics are my achilles, I wouldn't be able to easily wait to upgrade for 12 years.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Just got the X4300 for $674 including a $100 gift card through ABT. You have to go to the chat line for ABT/ sales dept on their webpage and ask them to match the Newegg/ Master pass deal and they will call you to finish the sale . The link was on my Slickdeals app as well.

Reactions: Ted99

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Yes, that's why I made sure to buy from an authorized dealer for just such an occasion. It's not really the money to send it in it's really unhooking everything and packing it up and waiting.
Oh I understand. It's a pain in the ass to do plus being without it for a few weeks as well. I was there with a TV set under warranty years ago.

Luckily the place in Syracuse, NY is a day away for shipping so depends on how fast they get it back to me.
That's a plus at least as shipping times make up a lot of it. I actually grew up not far from Syracuse. Good times in the snow.

I'm pretty cheap as well, I'll spend 8 hours working on a car for something I could have dropped off and had repaired for a $100 of labor.:) Sure they have the right tools and can do it faster than me but then I reward myself with something else I want with the money I saved...or stick it in the bank.
Exactly, plus the satisfaction of doing something yourself. That's why I love DIY whenever I can. Labor is always the biggest percentage of repair costs.

Electronics are my achilles, I wouldn't be able to easily wait to upgrade for 12 years.
I was in the auto industry back then so too many 6 day work weeks to think about upgrading my electronics but now it's time. Probably keep my old one as a backup and / or external amp option.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Some are negotiating that ABT $100 gift card for a $699 price without it up front. How you want your deal structured is of course up to the individual.

1 - 20 of 2221 Posts