AVS Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 2068 Posts

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
1,700 Posts
Hej mr death-no-13-silly-questions-forever!

thanks a lot for another of your highly helpful post. You must be a genius, economist ? You maybe even have Nobel Prize in economy ? No wonder you have produced 1628 posts already in such a short time, since 2019. Have you considered writing thick books in economics (and industry management) instead ?

BTW, is the "Pusher1" your alter-ego liking your own replies ?
No I dont know Pusher1. I was just trying to point out how helpful your post was. I run/own my own business and get people questioning my pricing sometimes. Its crazy how people that have probably never run a business, or know how to do the work that they are trying to hire me to do, can all of a sudden seem to know what its worth. I agree AVR pricing and availability is pretty rotten right now, but I know where to get a new 4500 for less then retail, or some of the newer stuff at retail so its not so much the pricing, but the availability. Maybe your issues are due to your location.

My post count is a mixture of me researching my initial HT purchases back in the end of 2019,and then trying to help others (that aren't looking to be spoon fed) when I can (return the great help I got from this forum and its members) and then a smidge of pointing out the obvious or ridiculousness of other members posts (hence my note in my sig, freaking search before asking a question!). Let me know if you would like an explanation of supply and demand and I can hook you up. Oh, and happy new years! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
From reading the D&M AVR tech spec the eARC/HDMI is supported by Denon models starting from 6400 4500 3600 and onwards, and Marantz models starting from 7013 6014 and onwards ?

Can be a decisive feature if you want AVR connection with your 2019/2020 TV display using the eARC/HDMI.

I have been looking for all the above mentioned D&M models: 6400 4500 3600 7013 6014
I run a projector so ARC/eARC doesn't do anything for me. If you need eARC that would certainly restrict your choices.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I run a projector so ARC/eARC doesn't do anything for me. If you need eARC that would certainly restrict your choices.
Good for you.

I want to connect AVR to Sony A8H using eARC/HDMI, where the A8H is the source and switcher, not the AVR.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Let me know if you would like an explanation of supply and demand and I can hook you up.
You as an economics book writer was meant as a sarcasm. Are you one more among the too many gullible brainwashed believers of the "supply-demand" fantasy propaganda. It's more complicated, Dr Watson.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hej mr death-no-13-silly-questions-forever!

thanks a lot for another of your highly helpful post. You must be a genius, economist ? You maybe even have Nobel Prize in economy ? No wonder you have produced 1628 posts already in such a short time, since 2019. Have you considered writing thick books in economics (and industry management) instead ?

BTW, is the "Pusher1" your alter-ego liking your own replies ?
You were the cute kid in class that made the jokes to cover for your lack of studying the night before huh?

·
Registered
62 Posts
You were the cute kid in class that made the jokes to cover for your lack of studying the night before huh?
"death-forever-pusher", keep on with space time wasting polluting posts building numbers curriculum.

Did you failed to learn that money printed and re/distributed enforces total economic inequality, and monopoly kills competitive free market ? "Demand-supply" fantasy argument is sold to gullible believers unable to think reflect for themselves.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I know its a 2019 model but I just bought a new Denon X2600H for $599 from Amazon with a 5 monthly payment option available as well. It’s my 1st receiver...time to shop for some bookshelves!
Post for some speaker help in the speaker section of the forums and you will get all kinds of suggestions. At Crutchfield they have KEF Q150's on sale and some Klipsch RP-160M's. Both rated well around here. Crutchfield also has an area where you can compare speakers with your headphones. Sort of gives you an idea of what different speakers sound like.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Just bought my first house. Want to buy a new HDMI 2.1 AVR that is fairly powerful for a good deal. Will probably buy whatever the best Klipsch Atmos floorstanding speakers are when they go on sale... Any suggestions? I am open to pretty much any reputable brand.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Just bought my first house. Want to buy a new HDMI 2.1 AVR that is fairly powerful for a good deal. Will probably buy whatever the best Klipsch Atmos floorstanding speakers are when they go on sale... Any suggestions? I am open to pretty much any reputable brand.
World Wide Stereo has some refurb Denon's for ok price. Inventory at most places is pretty low right now so not too many deals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's just not a great time to buy - as others have said, stock is low, supply chains are struggling right now, and prices are correspondingly bloated due to all things considered.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Understandable... and I am ok with that because I am about to spend 2k on a washer/dryer and another 1200-2500 on furniture, so waiting is probably in my best interest anyway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Understandable... and I am ok with that because I am about to spend 2k on a washer/dryer and another 1200-2500 on furniture, so waiting is probably in my best interest anyway.
Please buy a Speedqueen washer and dryer. It will last longer than 3 or 4 of the Samsung, LG crap.

·
Premium Member
This spot for sale or rent.
5,277 Posts
Please buy a Speedqueen washer and dryer. It will last longer than 3 or 4 of the Samsung, LG crap.
That's just true for traditional top loaders. LG is just as reliable for front loaders. Also, LG's HE top loaders are very reliable.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Was actually looking at a Samsung pair that is on sale now for 29% off... the washer is top loading with out an agitator. Not trying to turn this into a washer/dryer deals thread (though if there is one, please link me to it). I will look into your suggestion though, I have heard of the brand, they make commercial devices usually right?

·
Premium Member
This spot for sale or rent.
5,277 Posts
Was actually looking at a Samsung pair that is on sale now for 29% off... the washer is top loading with out an agitator. Not trying to turn this into a washer/dryer deals thread (though if there is one, please link me to it). I will look into your suggestion though, I have heard of the brand, they make commercial devices usually right?
Speed Queen makes commercial washers. Their traditional top loaders are the most reliable washers on the market. Their front loaders aren't any more reliable than LG, but Speed Queen is American. (This is all according to Consumer Reports, the reliability predictions are based on reader surveys)

·
Registered
815 Posts
I used to be an appliance technician and I'll vouch that LG/Samung make crappy washers and dryers. Whirlpool used to make good toploaders until 9 years ago when they dumped their direct drive models. But on to receivers-I got the last NR1607 that accessories4less had 6 months ago and it worked fine until 2 days ago when the audio disappeared, video is fine. I guess I'm gonna send it to get repaired and when it comes back I'll see how much I can get for it on craigslist. Meanwhile I pulled the trigger on an AVR-S950.

2021 - 2040 of 2068 Posts