Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
1,700 Posts
Run from Samsung.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Run from Samsung.
oomph! couldnt agreet more. We have a samsung TV (mu8000) that was our living room tv now a bedroom- over the holidays we upgraded , first to sony x900h stunning picture for an LED panel in my opinion but at 85 inches it was a tad to big for our space. (and about 600$ over budget) so we swapped it out for the samsung q80t thinking "hey was have one Samsung thats three years old already, surly this one should be decent" boy did we get it wrong ! the q80t looked atrocious. Had it for literally 1 hour before we packed it up and exchanged it for the 75 inch sony. all of this is somewhat subjective mind you. if you like it you like it. Cheers

sorry for the rant

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
thanks @cocrh this might be a nice place holder until the rz50 with Dirac is bug free??? Speaking of which, who chose to F up the whole simple Onkyo model naming system? Fire him/her!

·
Registered
103 Posts
All these X3600's popping up on deals but I just cannot do it. These days just doesn't make sense to not have HDMI 2.1 to match my TV, unless I am missing something. But I would say 4k/120 console gaming is here or damn near here already.

·
Registered
24 Posts
damn, i just bought an s750h for 399 at Costco. too bad there are no more x3600's

·
Registered
212 Posts
All these X3600's popping up on deals but I just cannot do it. These days just doesn't make sense to not have HDMI 2.1 to match my TV, unless I am missing something. But I would say 4k/120 console gaming is here or damn near here already.
Just FYI, there is an issue with the HDMI 2.1 chips in all the 2020 AVR’s. There’s a thread about it somewhere in this section of the forum.

edit: here’s the thread:

·
Premium Member
188 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
NewEgg has a refurbed Denon X4500H on sale right now for 1K ($998) and it looks like they have them in stock for now. If you want a receiver that will handle just about everything, this is it. I have the 4500 and am running a 9.1.2 system without it even breaking a sweat.

Refurbished: Denon AVR-X4500H 9.2-Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with HEOS () - Newegg.com
Think I'd rather buy from an audio dealer as I am not sure they are Denon cert reseller. World Wide Stereo has a refurb 4500 also for 998. Who knows it may be their listing on Newegg :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Think I'd rather buy from an audio dealer as I am not sure they are Denon cert reseller. World Wide Stereo has a refurb 4500 also for 998. Who knows it may be their listing on Newegg :)

It is. The order fulfiller/seller on Newegg is WWStereo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a request to all experts here. I have very limited knowledge of AV receivers. My 6 years old Yamaha A840 is rapidly turning off and on and finally shuts down. I may have to replace it. Any recommendations on which AV receiver do you recommend ?

2041 - 2060 of 2067 Posts