AVS Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2212 Posts

·
Premium Member
This spot for sale or rent.
5,541 Posts
I am completely blown away by the receiver market. I could have gotten a 4300 new 4 years ago for less than what they are going for used now.

I am JUST looking for a 9 (though 11 sure would be great) ATMOS capable receiver with 3d/4k passthrough. That seems like almost any decent receiver made in the last 5 years but there are no decent deals to be had (I guess the 7013 is reasonable). And given the lack of inventory on older models because of the dearth of supply I'm not sure we will be seeing any any time soon either. I guess I will keep using my X3000 and hold off on ATMOS for the time being...

Anyone have any suggestions I may be missing?
Wait until summer, when they introduce the replacement models, the older models go on clearance. That MAY not work this year, but it's worth checking out mid to late summer. X3700h would be the best compromise of cost and features. Traditionally, these go to about 45% off then.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I made a typo earlier in the thread saying there was some speculation about listenup.com's customer service, but my experience with them was great. I would like to correct that. There was zero speculation I saw about listenup.com's customer service. The only reports I've seen about their customer service have been 100% positive, and so was my experience. It was a different website that I returned an item to that I also personally had good customer service from. I have edited the correct website into the original comment, and I apologize for the mistake.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Im glad I found you. Do you think you would be able to identify which Vandersteen model they are exactly? I cant figure it out. A family member got them decades ago and they dont remember the exact model.

On BF weekend, I was up against the deadline to get speakers for surround sound, and I said I either need 5 speakers and a sub to do a 5.1 setup (all I was planning at the time), or I have these two nice Vandersteen towers I could try to build around, maybe get three more used speakers to go with them... and the few people who responded told me Vandersteens dont work for surround or home theater... sigh. I think it was bad advice, and you really wonder why people who know as much about speakers as the people advising me would say that if it is, in fact, not the case. I can think of one reason but anyway. Hey, maybe it's true after all and you will confirm once you see the exact model. ....
You do know that this is a deals thread, not a speaker discussion thread. Maybe you should take it to a PM discussion.

·
Premium Member
5,541 Posts
You e been using this as your personal **** post thread for over a week now. What makes today different?
You've made 7 posts in 13 years, and this is one of them?:rolleyes:
His posts may have been OT, but at least they exchanged information, and are related to the overall topic of AVS, and not just a snide remark.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You've made 7 posts in 13 years, and this is one of them?:rolleyes:
His posts may have been OT, but at least they exchanged information, and are related to the overall topic of AVS, and not just a snide remark.
Indeed, I use the search function to find the answers instead of posting off-topic asking others to find the answers for me. I’ve been following this thread a lot more recently as the deals are hard to come by and I plan to buy a receiver soon.

·
Premium Member
5,541 Posts
Indeed, I use the search function to find the answers instead of posting off-topic asking others to find the answers for me. I’ve been following this thread a lot more recently as the deals are hard to come by and I plan to buy a receiver soon.
You're welcome.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Wait until summer, when they introduce the replacement models, the older models go on clearance. That MAY not work this year, but it's worth checking out mid to late summer. X3700h would be the best compromise of cost and features. Traditionally, these go to about 45% off then.
I really wanted to step up from the X3?00 receiver set. I thought I could get an X4300/X4500 pretty cheap but that really doesn't seem to be in the cards. And while the X6300 was once well in range that pricing seems completely askew.

The X4500 were WIDELY available new at Fry's with startling regularity for $899 new 2+ years ago. Now they are ~$1100 USED. I just don't get it.

I am updating the entire house so I have plenty of things to spend money on. I just had a wider berth to do so now on a receiver. Not sure that will be the case by the time supply/demand are back in line with historical norms.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Well... As I understand, Fry's is going out o' business. Also, the availability of nearly ANYTHING has gotten curtailed from the Global Pandemic, furniture, appliances, and yes, AV equipment from overseas! I'd purchased a refurbed 4500 from accessories4less in November for $999 as nearly all on-line vendors had them new for $1100 seeing as the 4700 was available.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Need to place an order for amps for a HT. Looking at the XPA-7 Gen3 for ear level and BasX A-500 for four Atmos speakers.

Anyone heard of discount at Emotiva? Checkout page has a place to put promo codes.

Read somewhere if you join the newsletter they send you a promo code? Did that, nothing yet.

Have a little time while waiting on equipment...

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
They offer EmoBucks which are unique codes, basically during holidays it was 20% cash back.

What I'd recommend is posting in classifieds section here WTB EmoBucks and see if anyone will sell code at discount. I saw a few selling as recently as a few months back.

I believe for those like me that bought around New Years time the expiration was April timeframe. So maybe someone willing to sell.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Good idea, but the EmoBucks are “time limited” and what was issued during the Holiday 2020 promotion have likely already expired.

Otherwise, no, Emotiva no longer does “sales” in the traditional sense. There likely will be another EmoBucks promotion this summer, but keep in mind that the EmoBucks issued are time limited and can only be used towards your “next” purchase. So, unless there’s more than one item that sparks your interest, there no point in waiting for the possibility of a future promotion.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
What is the best $200 or $250 two channel amp to power either Vandersteen model 2's, or Infinity R263s?

There was some model frequently recommended on here, that my friend told me broke when he had it, but since there seems to be no other option for that price, I think I will just go with the most recommended one. What is the best one to get for that price, even if it's slim pickings?

Edit: or what would anyone recommend I look for used on ebay? Must be some decent 2 channel amps for $200 used.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What is the best $200 or $250 two channel amp to power either Vandersteen model 2's, or Infinity R263s?

There was some model frequently recommended on here, that my friend told me broke when he had it, but since there seems to be no other option for that price, I think I will just go with the most recommended one. What is the best one to get for that price, even if it's slim pickings?

Edit: or what would anyone recommend I look for used on ebay? Must be some decent 2 channel amps for $200 used.
AudioSource AD1002

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
For a Zone 2 application, the Audiosource AD1002 would be fine. But for use in a HT, I’d save up and go with a higher quality amp. There’s are several used Emotiva amps for sale on eBay. Some even have transferable warranties. Look for a BasX 150 (3 available), 300 and 500. The 300 would be perfect for your use. But it is more money. Those amp retail for $299, $399 and $499.

2161 - 2180 of 2212 Posts