AVS Forum banner

2201 - 2215 of 2215 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Awesome, thanks. I figured that would be a lot better. Good thing I didn't order the Yamaha yet and waited. Even better that it has an extra HDMI port. And it's only $400 too. What a bargain! Good thing my friend let me use his login.
That receiver is commonly compared to the Yamaha offering at Costco, which is usually the same price. It used to be the Yamaha TSR-7850, which is now discontinued. Now, they have for sale (either online or in store) the RX-V6A, only it's branded the TSR-700. That does seem to go in and out of stock quite frequently.

The TSR-700 is newer and thus has HDMI2.1 support, but it also suffers from the HDMI 2.1 bug that every receiver this season has, where it cannot pass through 4K uncompressed at 120hz. The TSR-700 also has an upgraded YPAO compared to the TSR-7850 (multiple sampling sites instead of just 1).

Do a search comparing those two receivers if you can wait.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
That receiver is commonly compared to the Yamaha offering at Costco, which is usually the same price. It used to be the Yamaha TSR-7850, which is now discontinued. Now, they have for sale (either online or in store) the RX-V6A, only it's branded the TSR-700. That does seem to go in and out of stock quite frequently.

The TSR-700 is newer and thus has HDMI2.1 support, but it also suffers from the HDMI 2.1 bug that every receiver this season has, where it cannot pass through 4K uncompressed at 120hz. The TSR-700 also has an upgraded YPAO compared to the TSR-7850 (multiple sampling sites instead of just 1).

Do a search comparing those two receivers if you can wait.
Thanks, I actually saw that too but have done a quick search both through Costco reviews and also through google and many have reported a lot of glitches with the TSR-700. In fact, I even read somewhere where someone had so many glitches with it that he returned it and bought the Denon 750 instead and hasn't had any problems with the Denon. Looking at the reviews, it seems like overall, the Denon is really a rock solid receiver, which is great to hear.

I've heard a lot of great things about Denon receivers, in general, on this website. So I'm very excited to see how well this receiver compares to my old ancient Onkyo TX-NR509. This receiver has been giving me dropout issues for many years. It happens so rarely that I've ignored it for so long, but it's time to make the upgrade since this old antique is almost 10 years old now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Glad you did your due diligence! Yes, there are some reported issues with audio connections with the TSR-700. I actually bought one, thinking it was going to replace my TSR-7850, but never opened it and returned it.

I also have a Denon x3600h which will be used for my main HT. I'm leaving open the option for ATMOS 5.1.4, so the S750 was not an option. The aforementioned TSR-7850 will be for the more casual TV room. The great thing about Costco is if the Yamaha has hiccups, it can be returned without hassle or time limit (theoretically).

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Glad you did your due diligence! Yes, there are some reported issues with audio connections with the TSR-700. I actually bought one, thinking it was going to replace my TSR-7850, but never opened it and returned it.

I also have a Denon x3600h which will be used for my main HT. I'm leaving open the option for ATMOS 5.1.4, so the S750 was not an option. The aforementioned TSR-7850 will be for the more casual TV room. The great thing about Costco is if the Yamaha has hiccups, it can be returned without hassle or time limit (theoretically).
Yeah, just by having a quick look at the specs, the TSR-700 is clearly the "better" receiver. But looking at the reviews, the Denon wins in stability. The Denon already has everything I'll ever need, so it should keep me happy for a very long time, assuming it lasts a long time. I really need something stable because my Onkyo receiver has literally been giving me dropout issues for over 6 years and while the problem happens so rarely, it's enough to drive me crazy at times. So hopefully, the Denon will end up being rock solid in performance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I feel like I don't see deals anymore. I've been trying to get a receiver that supports eArc for a few weeks now, but everything is currently full price... Been looking at the STR DN1080 despite people saying it has annoying issues. I need something that supports 7.1 or so. I'm not really wanting to spend too much either. Just about any modern receiver should probably be a bit of an upgrade from my Onkyo TX NR545 anyway.

With Sharc not working correctly with A90J, there's no other answer for me right now...

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Depending on current stock, Costco has the Yamaha TSR-700 or Denon AVR-S750H at 2/3 the MSRP of the Sony STR-DN1080. They should both have eARC
They've had the Onkyo TX-NR595 at the same price, but I think it has ARC instead of eARC

I feel like I don't see deals anymore. I've been trying to get a receiver that supports eArc for a few weeks now, but everything is currently full price... Been looking at the STR DN1080 despite people saying it has annoying issues. I need something that supports 7.1 or so. I'm not really wanting to spend too much either. Just about any modern receiver should probably be a bit of an upgrade from my Onkyo TX NR545 anyway.

With Sharc not working correctly with A90J, there's no other answer for me right now...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was able to get a Denon x6700h refurb for $1999 at worldwide stereo by calling them. That's the price they had them at last month before they went out of stock. I complained that I had it in my cart and was going to buy and then it went out of stock. then it came back in stock at $2199 so i requested the previous price. I chatted first and they said to call and they gave it to me. YMMV. I recently received it and all the components are there and it looks in good shape. Not new, it has a few smudges, etc. But no scratches, dents, or visible damage. I still haven't set it up, so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I am in the market for the Denon X3700H avr and the best price I saw was $1299 but Amazon now has it for $1199. I believe Amazon is an authorized dealer but double check.

John

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
2,179 Posts
listenup.com

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
WWS had the x3600 $899 and x3700 $999 (all refurb). I keep trying to add it to my cart and it keeps saying out of stock with a get in stock alert radio button.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thread will serve as place for members to post sale/special pricing on receivers, amps and processors. Price discussions and "where to buy" will be allowed in this thread, but not in any other thread in the receivers/amp/processor forum.

Same rules apply here:

1) Do not post links to ebay auctions, classified ads or craigslist ad etc. AVS does not allow personal ads to be posted or promoted outside of the classified forums.

2) Do not post affiliate links on AVS

3) Dealers or Vendors are not allowed to post or promote their sites in this thread. If in doubt, Vendors can contact Mike Lang, the AVS administrator.

4) Of course, the normal code of conduct applies in this thread as well.

We reserve the right to change or modify the rules for this thread, so please check this post for any changes.

Thanks
Ron
Thanks Ron,
Just joined and I want to be compliant with the rules. I've done a little looking around but trying to find out if there is any specific forum or category where i could post and/or sell audio gear such as AVR's, speakers, etc. If not permitted outright, no worries and my appologies.

Thanks in advance for any info..

SB

2201 - 2215 of 2215 Posts